In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Promac 800

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by Camber, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Camber

Camber

Any mac guys out there? I can get a real nice running promac 800 for 100 bucks. I'd like to know if parts are still available for someone NOT super computer savvy? I dont need it, but I don't need all my other saws either. Thanks to anyone in the know

Sandhillbilly, Screwloose and M2theB like this.
  2. Fifelaker

Fifelaker

Most parts are available, some cross over to different makes. The tank vent, seals can be subbed with a Poulan part. Fuel lines you can use Echo line. Carb kits are out there too. For a $100 go for it.

3. thistle

thistle

GREAT saw,slightly upgraded newer version of the PM850.Some say a 800 in proper tune has more grunt than a 850 in same condition.But I've never done a head to head comparison test with my 2 very strong runners.

For that price I'd grab it ASAP.

4. Camber

Camber

Woke up to another text. I've got it, and a mac 250. He dropped the price to 75 dollars for both. I'll pick them up on Wednesday. Thank you gentlemen!

5. thistle

thistle

damm you stole it lol

Camber likes this.
  6. Camber

Camber

Didnt mean too! Young guy wants them gone, from grandpa's cabin. Getting a big ol Wilton vise for free too. That baby is worth even more than the saw.

Lone_Gun, thistle and Sandhillbilly like this.
  7. Sandhillbilly

Sandhillbilly

Gonna need to see some pictures

thistle, bushpilot and Camber like this.
  8. Camber

Camber

Yep. My sister found it on the craigslist for Facebook. I dont have Facebook, they wont let me look with out an account. She had her phone. Got to get my mitts on them first, or I will see if she can forward the pics to my tablet, or phone. She said I'm missing out on alot of deals, because most folks use facebook instead of craigslist. Dont know if this is the new trend or not. I may have to overcome my fears and join huh?

thistle likes this.
  9. bushpilot

bushpilot

That is the only reason I am tempted to join. But I get over it.

Camber likes this.
  10. thistle

thistle

LOL I'm not scolding,infact I'm very impressed.:yes: Especially when you mentioned that Wilton vise also.Is it one of the ''bullet'' shaped models? Know almost nothing about them but do know they were made in several different sizes from the 40's well into the 60's I believe.VERY sought after for their quality in addition to their appearance.

I'm always pleased to see someone else ''rescue'' some vintage tool and bring it back to its former glory.There's a reason so much of this stuff is still around being used every day,decades after it was new.Much better quality & engineering for starters,compared to the throwaway society that is today unfortunately for the most part.

I still check the local Craigslist Free Stuff 2-3 times weekly,mainly for stuff I go through rapidly or like to have on hand.Larger hardwood logs for milling into slabs/other woodworking projects,the occasional pallet or two for storage & kindling & various used or leftover construction lumber/plywood.

Since I ''retired'' last summer from my construction gig I don't have access to the stuff like I did on a almost daily basis anymore (remodel/demo,grabbing new scrap/cutoffs from dumpster diving at employer's jobsites haha) Havent used up all of my stash yet,but close to half has been used already for various projects inside & outside my house.

For actual buying used tools (hand tools,power tools & the occasional vintage chain saw) I use FB Marketplace pretty much exclusively,much greater variety at least around me I've noticed compared to CL.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Camber likes this.
  11. Camber

Camber

When I saw the vise on the phone it was one of those very long ones. The jaws reached down almost to the floor. Mounted on a old rim. Probably 8 inches across the jaws horizontal. I just called the young man that inherited the cabin. I met him up at the lake, but the road up to the cabin is plowed in, plus drifted. We had a big storm last night. He already paid 500 to blow the road open, and now doesnt want to do that again. Which is fine. Nothing is going anywhere
    I'm a building contractor myself, he wants some new steps built come spring (end of May). He asked if we could trade. I said absolutely, as steps are a one day job. A little patience may be even more beneficial here. Whi knows what I may end up with!

Lone_Gun, Chazsbetterhalf and thistle like this.