In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Here is something to think about!

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by rottiman, Apr 9, 2020.

  1. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    A different perspective about self-isolation, to stay on track and stay grateful:

    1. There are no bombs raining on our heads.
    2. I am not a prisoner held in solitary confinement, as millions are.
    3. I am not a refugee trying to escape with my life.
    4. I am not standing in line waiting to fill a pot of water.
    5. I have access to fresh food and I'm not starving.
    6. I have hot running water.
    7. My country has not been ruined by years of war.
    8. I can reach my friends by phone and check in on them.
    9. My friends check in on me because they care about me.
    10. Any whiplash I feel about this strange turn of events is itself a
    sign of privilege.
    11. More than half of the world would gladly trade their everyday
    problems for the modest inconveniences I am experiencing.
    12. I may have anxious dreams but I'm dreaming them on a proper
    bed and I'm not sleeping on the sidewalk.
    13. By staying at home, I'm helping the planet rest.
    14. As long as I have my mind I can create, imagine, dream and
    not be lonely.
    15. This global crisis connects me to people around the world and
    reminds me of our common humanity. This is a good thing.
    16. When something tragic happens to another country next time,
    I will respond to it not with superiority, but humility and recognition.
    17. I will fight for positive changes and economically just policies in
    my own country.
    18. I am surrounded by books.
    19. I am surrounded by love.
    20. The tulips have already begun to bloom.
     
    Chaz, Midwinter, XXL and 27 others like this.
  2. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,726
    Likes Received:
    224,447
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    21. I have access to FHC and all of it's nonsense! :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:
     
    Chaz, Midwinter, XXL and 19 others like this.
  3. Thor

    Thor

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2016
    Messages:
    2,161
    Likes Received:
    16,850
    Location:
    Genoa City,Wi
    0409201737.jpg
    Chilly here tonight, but no snow......
     
    Chaz, Midwinter, XXL and 14 others like this.
  4. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,520
    Likes Received:
    95,559
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    thanks for this rottiman We all need reminders about our blessings.
     
    Chaz, Midwinter, XXL and 10 others like this.
  5. Eckie

    Eckie

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2019
    Messages:
    3,721
    Likes Received:
    18,765
    Location:
    Virginia
    Good stuff rottiman. It's all about perspective.
     
    Chaz, Midwinter, XXL and 13 others like this.
  6. Loon

    Loon

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,560
    Likes Received:
    37,138
    Location:
    North of the border
    Titan is taking them out as they come up. :hair: :coldone: Great thread rotti. ;)
     
    Chaz, Midwinter, XXL and 8 others like this.
  7. wildwest

    wildwest Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2014
    Messages:
    30,666
    Likes Received:
    144,674
    Location:
    Coastal South carolina
    Thank you for the putting things into perspective rottiman .
     
    Chaz, Midwinter, XXL and 9 others like this.
  8. JustWood

    JustWood Guest

    Last week I was thinking about what a friend of mine had said years ago before he passed about growing up on a farm during the depression. He said “ on the farm we never knew anything was going on . It wasn’t till you went to town that you saw what was happening. Ate good ,mom made our clothes , always had $ from butter meat and milk sales ,not a worry in the world. “
    I must lead a boring life in most people’s eyes. I haven’t noticed a change in my lifestyle during this debacle.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2020
    Chaz, Midwinter, XXL and 10 others like this.
  9. Loon

    Loon

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    6,560
    Likes Received:
    37,138
    Location:
    North of the border
    Sounds like a great 'boring' life wood.:salute:
     
    Chaz, JustWood, Midwinter and 7 others like this.
  10. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    I do not believe there is a better place we could be living than right here in the U. S. A. !
     
    Chaz, Midwinter, XXL and 6 others like this.
  11. T.Jeff Veal

    T.Jeff Veal

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2015
    Messages:
    29,533
    Likes Received:
    189,077
    Location:
    Country life, Ga
    Amen, thanks for the great thoughts.
     
    Chaz, yooperdave, rottiman and 2 others like this.