In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Another Craigs list..funny - happy Friday

Discussion in 'The Wood Market' started by Sideshow, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Sideshow

Sideshow

free brush wood

Hope this link works - my first attempt at this. I know all you folks enjoy a good local craigs list funny one.

My immediate thought on this based on the add - free load of brush for anyone who wants it...really who wants load of brush... my response...sorry not dressing up as dude on LED Zepplin 4 album cover this weekend - so don't need the sticks..
    upload_2016-4-8_21-15-55.png

Maybe that's 55 hrs of work and 5 beers on Friday humor but hope someone gets it.. classic album thought..

Have great weekend all.

2. thistle

thistle

haha I see those quite often around here.I'm very picky regarding what CL ads I'll respond to.If there's a couple clear pics (even if homeowner don't know what kind of wood they have) that gives me an idea to go from.

But I ignore the ad if its brush,a pile/stack of half rotten wood left behind by a previous person at that location & especially ignore if its those 'FREE WOOD,You cut down this massive dangerous eyesore towering over 4 houses & growing between all kinds of powerlines PLUS you need to have insurance,proper equipment,experienced crew & most importantly clean up/rake the yard removing everything including the brush/sticks & wood chips...." :rolleyes: :loco: :crazy:

I'm NOT a trash removal or yard cleanup service - if they want that crap hauled off I sure wouldn't do it for free!!! And only if paid would I do it then under special circumstances.....

Those are pretty common I noticed. The only ad I respond to without pics are the ones my tree service contact lists 3-4 times yearly,he knows his stuff & don't need to take the time for any pics. Also I may respond to a no pics ad if the location isn't more than a mile or two from me,just to see if ''what they're calling Walnut,Cherry,Mulberry,White/Bur Oak,Silver Maple etc is really that ;)

3. billb3

billb3

some ambitious high school kids that want to have a bonfire rally might snag it.
    Do they have those any more or is fire for fun no longer politically correct

4. Chopy

Chopy

Like everything else somebody knows more about what is correct and the right thing to do.

Horkn likes this.
  5. Horkn

Horkn

The CL link is down now. Was it just branches?

If so, there's always that junk on CL here.

6. XXL

XXL

amateur cutter, Horkn and Loon like this.
  7. thistle

thistle

8. Horkn

Horkn

amateur cutter and XXL like this.