In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Horkn

Horkn

That's what I've seen too. The plug in obd AFM disablers like rottiman got seem to work just fine, but a tuner seems to be the preferred method.

2. rottiman

rottiman

You can do a lot more with the tuner vs. the disabler. Like anything, the more you want to play the more you are going to pay.

3. bogieb

bogieb

How about doing a swing out shelf like this. It is 3" in depth and still leaves the majority of cabinet as shelf space for the bigger stuff. Mine is only 1 shelf high, but you could make it the entire cabinet height if you wanted (although the stuff at the top might be tough to get to).

4. fishingpol

fishingpol

I spent about two hours yesterday morning clearing around the burn pile area for the FD inspection. The worst part was pulling grape vines that are at surface level covered in leaves.

The FD stopped over and gave the thumbs up to burn. The saws and fuel were away from the pile, leaves were cleared about 50' around. It was a bit breezy, so the fire was not in a column so much, but blowing around. I got about as much done as I could. Today there is a cold breeze again, so I will probably do work project inside.

The MS 170 was running great in the small stuff until it caught some vines and threw the chain off the bar. The guide teeth got nicked on the sprocket again, so a little file time is in order.

German potato casserole is on the menu this evening. Maybe homemade soup canned from last November for lunch.

5. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    That sounds good. I think I am making soup for lunch. campinspecter is headed out for another load of firewood before it starts raining here. He is itching to try out the new saw. Husqvarna 439

I think it is bookkeeping and cleaning the computer room for me. I am procrastinating cleaning the sewing room although the prospect is better now that I finally got WiFi down there. Our WiFi extender died so I bought a more powerful one. It finally can get past all the copper piping in the house and my shelves loaded with fabric.

6. yooperdave

yooperdave

You could leave it the way it is and use it as a panic room in case things really get bad in society. That way, you don't have to clean it up! Sounds like almost nothing can get in there! :rofl: :lol:

[​IMG]

7. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Well the joke in the family is that I have to tell someone if I go in there in case I go missing. Sort of like filing a flight plan or sail plan.

8. MikeyB

MikeyB

Just got home from grocery shopping and will be taking the family for a walk on the beach.

9. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I'm gonna get some more stacking done today. Stack next years ash, then get back to moving the oak out into the sun.

Smaller splits of oak read just under 20% moisture, and the larger ones just under 22% A summer top covered out in the sun and wind should fix that.

10. hovlandhomestead

hovlandhomestead

My wife and I watched our church service on-line. Today we plan on cleaning and organizing our kitchen pantry, eating some good food, taking a walk, playing some board games with our boys, and enjoying a fire in the hearth this evening...it is cold and windy here today. We are not retired and are pretty busy on the weekends so this slow down in life is like jumping off a hamster wheel, meaning we need a schedule to keep up with a daily routine.

I have some small stuff and brush to cut up, so I will fire up the husky 240 soon. It mostly just sits, but always seems to start and run well for smaller jobs around the yard. I also have a MS 170 fishingpol and would prefer to grab it before the 240 for small jobs, but the 170 one lives at the cabin.

Just learned the sad news that Italy's death toll was close to 800 today which surpassed yesterday's total over 600. My parents (both 79) live about 6 blocks away, I am going to assess their needs today, drop off some supplies on their doorstep and see them through the storm door. I don't think we can go into see them because our middle son living with us has cold symptoms. It is likely not covid 19, but I don't think we can bee too careful at this stage and with their ages.

11. rottiman

rottiman

Get er' in now before they lock you down tonight....................:thumbs::thumbs:

12. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

Don’t look at me like that....

52131BFB-F632-4D91-ABF3-FF91DCFBE59F.jpeg

13. yooperdave

yooperdave

14. yooperdave

yooperdave

Happening here also, but from TV instead.

Then, we have some guests showing up that want to take a peek at the truck. :handshake:

15. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Moderator

Yup stroking the trailblazers ego today:rofl: :lol:

New pan with drain, new filter and new full synthetic oil.

I was shocked at the 190,000 some odd miles and zero shavings in the old pan! Very clean magnet! Just some sludge.
    image.jpg

16. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

There are a couple goodies across the road where we'll be cutting at the next GTG that you might be interested in too. They've been there for many, many moons. We find all sorts of goodies. Remember what we found last year and Kevin took it to East Jordan and got it running too.

17. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Was surprised to find that now I can't get a haircut. Seems our governor has shut down all barber shops, hair salons, tatoo parlors, etc. I've had short hair since about 1952 but looks like I might be having long hair soon. Dang, it about drives me nuts too but hopefully I'll get used to it or maybe buy some sheep shears.

yooperdave, NortheastAl, Chaz and 9 others like this.
  18. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Surprised to see they still make these...
    https://www.flowbee.com/

19. Horkn

Horkn

Lol.

Or get some electric dog trimmers.

20. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

I have some Wahl beard trimmers that would work...but it will be a while 'til I need to go that route...I only get my haircut ~4 X yr...and was just there about a month ago so...