In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

How to test a two piece electronic ignition like on HVA 61

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by KilliansRedLeo, Jun 20, 2014.

  1. KilliansRedLeo

    KilliansRedLeo

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2014
    Messages:
    1,267
    Likes Received:
    2,810
    Location:
    Rochester, New York
    From my friend 3000FPS

    here is a connection schematic.
    Test Coil.jpg
     
    Jon1270 and DexterDay like this.
  2. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Great tip for those that want to check :)

    As for your friend, I love the username. Is he an avid shooter or hunter?
     
  3. KilliansRedLeo

    KilliansRedLeo

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2014
    Messages:
    1,267
    Likes Received:
    2,810
    Location:
    Rochester, New York
    Yes, he is, as am I. Both of us from the flatlands, Roger from WY and I am from NB.
     
    DexterDay likes this.