Got my 180 carb swap done. I have both screws out 1 turn. It pops on first pull and will only run for a second after that. Does the l screw need to go in or out and how much? This is a wal bro Wt215 fwiw.
I would turn it out some Turn Out more fuel , turn in less fuel ,about 1/4 turn at a time Idle should be turn in for faster idle
If you can.... just feather the throttle to keep it going and start turning L one way or the other. I tend to lean out L to get the engine to start racing up to keep it running, then you can usually stop playing with throttle and keep it going. 1/4 step in either direction until it runs should also get it done without blipping throttle.
It should run on the fast idle position even if the L setting is off a bit. Will it stay running at wide open throttle? If it only dies at idle, then I would crank the LA adjustment in a few turns and get it running. Then back the LA off until you get a normal idle, adjust the L for best RPMs and throttle response, then set the LA for your final desired idle speed. Then you get to do the H side. If it won't run longer than a second or two regardless of carburetor adjustments or throttle position, you either have a big air leak or you're not getting impulse signal to the carb (fuel pump not working).
I can make it idle now sporadically but not forever. Any throttle results in it dying pronto. Thoughts?
I always turn my screws out 3/4 for initial start-up on a rebuild. Then richen/lean them as needed.....sounds like you may have the L screw out a tad too much possibly......let us know what you find.
This is where I'd go with 1/4 turns on L. Start in one direction and take mental notes, then do the same opposite direction. Once running, dial her in. I see you mention 2 screws.... Is this a fixed H jet? Where do you have LA set? I'd go towards lean to get it running, so LA goes OUT and L goes in.