In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

The Ride Tonight

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by thewoodlands, Jun 16, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    On the way into the woods we noticed a turtle coming across the road, I picked the little guy up then brought him back to the spot in the picture, my wife instructed me to move him to the tall grass by the Brook, I did that but never took a picture.

    The rest of the pictures are of some ferns from our property. 100_9350.JPG
     

    Attached Files:

  2. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    quite a fern collection Zap. Got anything else unique on the back 40?
     
  3. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334


    The swamp was in a singing mood tonight, it was nice to there, I'll charge the batteries up more so I can get a vid the next time I'm out.
     
    My IS heats my home likes this.
  4. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Aaaaa. Insect heaven in those ferns. :thumbs:
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  5. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Hopefully the fawns will use the ferns.
     
    Gasifier likes this.
  6. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Yes, good cover for them. I have to get some fly traps and start doing what my brother did a couple years back. The flies are starting to get bad at the camp now. Time to knock the population down!
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  7. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    That's a lot of green there man
    the foliage around here is very abundant
     
    thewoodlands and Fanatical1 like this.
  8. Fanatical1

    Fanatical1

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2,688
    Likes Received:
    12,293
    Location:
    Ohio
    That's a great picture of the ferns.... :) Everything is so green. :cool:

    I have some ferns also, they tend to grow more in the shady jungle like areas with a thick tree canopy.

    Yours look like they are out in the open?
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  9. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Soooo beautiful Woody- you are truly blessed.

    In the first pic, is that a game trail, do you mow it, or naturally an open path? We have ferns, but nothing like that. And a different species I believe. Sooo peaceful (ummm, when not running the wood equiptment of course!)
     
    savemoney likes this.
  10. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    The turtle man Yee Yee Yee!!!! ;)
     
  11. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Mighty perty ferns Woods...
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  12. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    I am overwhelmed by the amount of foliage, popped out this year here
     
    Stinny and thewoodlands like this.
  13. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    They grow the best out in the open like the one pictured, that area gets plenty of sun.
     
  14. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    That is a regular trail, we never mow anything, it's the woods. :D I bought a used trail mower but after seeing the use of the area I was going to mow by the deer we decided to leave it.