In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Making room

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by jo191145, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Just get a bigger atv! Ours is a 700 and it does have some of that Wow factor if it is wanted or needed.

2. Backwoods Savage

I have a friend in CT who both skis and snowmobiles. He is involved with a group too and they go all over the place to play.

3. Backwoods Savage

And we hope to get Mr Eric back into shape with a spring GTG.

4. Backwoods Savage

All this talk about snow machines. I remember having fun with them but it has been a long, long time. Many moons! The last time I rode we were a Copper Harbor, MI where the snow was so deep most places you could not ride. So the next thing you know we found ourselves on some cross country skis for the first time in our life. After returning home, we sold the machine and bought skis and never looked back. That was in 1972 or 73. Got our first ATV in 93 and have had one since but don't ride trails per se, just around our place and use it for utility work.

5. jo191145

jo191145

First few weeks I had it I rode like an 18 year old. Then I decided to slow down and take in the scenery. Favorite part is going totally off trail and seeing snippets of forest I’ve never seen before. It’s only Ct so we’re not talking massive expanses of wilderness. Have to suffice with just the areas between trails I’ve never walked upon. An urban pioneer ;)