In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Going to Texas

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Husky Man, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Sandhillbilly

Sandhillbilly

Hog hunting is the only reason I’ve been to Texas, 6 times I think

2. billb3

billb3

Four guys are driving on a long road trip. It's the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere.
    The guy from Idaho takes out a sack of potatoes and starts throwing them out the window one by one.

"What the hell are you doing?", someone asks. "Look, we've got so many potatoes in Idaho. I mean, we're overflowing with them. So whenever I travel I'm supposed to get rid of as many as I can."

"That's not a bad idea," says the guy from Iowa. He produces a bag of corn and starts throwing them out the window one at a time.

A moment later the guy from Austin opens the door and pushes out the guy from California.

3. Horkn

Horkn

Not only Texas, but you could use Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Nevada too as the kicker to the joke.

4. Husky Man

Husky Man

Three guys sittin round the campfire :campfire:drinkin, A Texan, a Californian, and an Oregonian.

The Texan takes a Big swig off his bottle of Tequila, and tosses it into the air, Pulls out his Six Shooter, and Breaks it Mid air with one shot.

The Oregonian just watches, the Californian is surprised :eek: and asks "Why'd you do that??

The Texan replies, we have Plenty of Tequila in Texas, and I felt a Lil Loco

Soooo, the Californian takes another sip out of his bottle of White Zinfandel, tosses her in the air, pulls out his Uzi, a mag change and a bounce later breaks the bottle on the ground

The Texan asks why did ya do that?

The Californian replies, I can get all the White Zin, I want in Californicated, and was feelin a bit crazy myself

The Oregonian ponders things for a moment, with a single gulp drains his Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve, throws the bottle in the air, pulls out his Double Scattergun, and unloads BOTH Barrels into the Californian, catches the bottle and sits back down on his log

The Texan is shocked :bug:, regains his composure and says What the Helll'd ya do that fer????:startled:

The Oregonian, calmly replies, in Orygun, we have ENTIRELY TOO MANY Californians, and the Bottle is worth a Dime, You do the Math;)

Doug :cheers:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  5. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

:rofl: :lol:

6. yooperdave

yooperdave

Why is California like a bowl of cereal?

It's all fruits, nuts and flakes.

7. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

:rofl: :lol:

8. Husky Man

Husky Man

Well, we are on our way to the Lone Star State, some interesting sights and Delicious Chow :beerbbq:

The first hop is behind us, sitting in San Jose, another hour and off to some Yummy BBQ and Tex-Mex

Ya all, gave us some Great Suggestions, we will hit as many as we can

Pics and updates to follow

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  9. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Have fun.
    Safe travels.

10. Eckie

Eckie

:drool: I'm not very patient...especially when waiting to hear about bbq! Just saying! Hope you're having fun and a safe trip. :coldone:

11. Husky Man

Husky Man

Sad to Say, this mornings update,isn't too Exciting yet. Traffic is every bit as Bad as Portland or Seattle:(

My GPS is not only Brand New (Less than a month old) but also a Brand New Model, very recently released so I'm still learning it, but even with what should be the Latest updates, the construction in Austin is giving it, and ME, fits. I missed one diverge on the fwy, and my GPS kept wanting me to turn where there USED to be ramps/intersections:angry::dumb2:, we easily doubled the mileage that we SHOULD have driven:rare2:, we did EVENTUALLY get to our destinations SAFELY though:D

My Wife was wanting to try some Mexican, and someone suggested Chuy's, which I believe is a small local chain, we got to the one closest to where we were, we hadn't eaten since 5:00 am in Portland, and found Chuy's about 7:00 pm with tummies growling. Chuy's looked like a FUN place on the outside, and evidently must be, we went in and it was packed, with over an hour waiting list:surprised3::mad:, that wasn't going to be Pleasant, so we had driven past a couple P. Terry's Burger places, not familiar with those, must be another local/regional chain, that the GPS showed 16 in Austin, the nearest turned out to be Drive through only, but at that point the tummy growls were making people on the sidewalk look at us;), the Burgers were Good, and the prices reasonable. I would eat there again, except that I want to try as many Different places as we can.

We found the place where the Wife's hair classes will be held, stylist from all over the country will be there, so she is excited for that, we eventually did find the Hotel, and that mattress was very comfortable.

Looking forward to more Eating and sight seeing adventures

12. Eckie

Eckie

Yes, the Austin traffic and roads sucked! I'm gonna guess you were on 183 going north from the airport? I've never seen a road that the exit seemed to be straight, and the daggone road did the swerving around. And some of the lanes just ended...i bought bought several of those orange traffic barrels. Aggghh...ok, stupid traffic/road rant over for now.

Where in Austin are you staying? Any where near the Domain?

13. Husky Man

Husky Man

I earn a LOT of Hotel Points through work, so we are staying at the Comfort Inn/Suites in Buda. Looked like a Nice Place outside of the city, only 14 minutes by GPS:rolleyes: to the Wife's Convention

Choice Properties includes, Comfort Inn, Clarion, Sleep Inn, Quality Inn, and The Budget places of Rodeway Inn and Econo Lodge, which we usually avoid when we can

With Lodging covered by Hotel points, and one of the Wife's regulars being a Flight Attendant, she is able to trade hair work for Airline Tickets, it makes trips like this much more affordable:D

Before the Convention came up, we were planning on Maui, in May, but this is a Professional benefit for the Wife, and my Best Friend of over 30 years, moved to the DFW area in August, when his Wife had a Job transfer:tears:, so we will get to visit them, and Maui SHOULD, still be there next year:p

14. Eckie

Eckie

Yeah, we do the Sleep Inn choice privileges thing especially when we go down to Williamsburg. And that's awesome about the airline tickets! Haha yeah hopefully Maui will be there next year for ya

15. Husky Man

Husky Man

Okay, update, I have been in line at Franklin’s for an hour 20, They won’t PROMISE there will be food left for those in line with me, BUT the Brisket that was what I WANTED, is the most likely to hold out until I get s table

Franklin’s is only a quarter mile from where the Wife’s convention is being held, worst case scenario, I have a long wait before they open tomorrow, the Wife’s classes start at07:30, so I should , Well Dayum Scratch that, they just announced that the Brisket is Gone, so tomorrow it is, I Hope

99F3DB57-4A74-4A15-AF36-BF2D4AD8526D.jpeg 8CF60438-30C3-4B52-8B08-9DDC91537636.jpeg

16. Husky Man

Husky Man

That was Literally 6 people ahead of me :tears::(:hair:

17. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Aw man, that sucks. I hope you are closer to the door tomorrow...

18. The Wood Wolverine

The Wood Wolverine

Dayummm. That sucks. Better luck tomorrow!

19. yooperdave

yooperdave

We're pulling for ya!

20. Husky Man

Husky Man

A member from the AS forum recommended The Salt Lick in Driftwood TX, found it, food ordered, smells Great, Hopefully ending Tummy Growls soon

B99719E0-6CC2-4E55-A63F-C8461E373932.jpeg

Tummy Growls ended sooner than expected, they put the plate down as I was tapping away on the phone, a couple quick samples were Delicious, well worth the drive

I’m Digging in now, later:p

Doug. :cheers: