In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Any you wood burners go to Richmond Va?

Discussion in 'The Game Room' started by old iron, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Felter

Felter Banned

my apologies for coming across as a whiner. I was simply trying to give a friendly reminder of the site rules. ppl have done the same to me in the past and I appreciated it.

I actually live in a rural area, 2 hrs away from Chicago. but if I posted the small town (1500 ppl) that I live closest to most ppl wouldn't recognize it. I usually use someones location for trying to identify what tree species they are looking for so I figured that my "general location" would be much more quickly and easily identifiable as "Chicago" my apologies again for misleading you.

2. unclefess

unclefess Guest

got it , you mentioned the rules enough we understand you ,now how about giving it a rest

Beetle-Kill and wildwest like this.
  3. Rich L

Rich L

The Gov may want those folks when Chinese troops start to land on the West coast.

Beetle-Kill and wildwest like this.
  4. Sourwood

Sourwood

That had an impact in Indiana. About every Sheriff is getting communication asking about 2A sanctuary counties.
    Some of the “oath of allegiance “ to the cause was written by a nut case somewhere in Virginia, with elements that are plain illegal.
    The County Legal body (board of Commissioners) doesn’t have the legal ability to create a sanctuary.

I just hope every who got fired up, intends to vote. It is that apathy that put that created the issue in Virginia.

Beetle-Kill, Chaz and wildwest like this.
  5. Eckie

Eckie

The local officials/board of supervisors making counties/areas 2A sanctuaries....the "legalness" of it is pretty irrelevant to most people. It is mainly to show dissaproval of the proposed bills. When the majority of areas make the statement (even many areas where it was a surprise for them to make that declaration), it does have a collective voice that makes a point, and did make an impact. People feel very strongly about the 2nd amendment, and their guns, and it was about to get very serious. Actually, it was serious. It was about to go to a different level.

Yes, i hope people got fired up, and that the memory stays with them come voting time, and they go vote those idiots out of office.

6. Well Seasoned

Well Seasoned Administrator

I agree with everything you said! But something important you left out regarding the 2A sanctuary movement is the "sheriff's WILL NOT be the ones doing or allowing any gun grabs! This in itself sends a clear message.

It'll be up to the police or even higher up to do ((their)) bidding.

Sure, police swear an oath, but we're dealing with tyrants! Start mentioning their pensions being taken away, they'll do it.

I watched every single 2A sanctuary resolution meeting. Yes, VIRGINIA IS PIZZED, so hopefully the momentum continues and spreads!

7. Eckie

Eckie

Yes, correct on the sheriffs. I know several state police, and they were shaking their heads, knowing what was going to go down. They said they weren't going to come take them either (yes, i know that any person can say that and do something else). I'm not sure who else could have been involved, or expected to do any enforcement....

8. JCMC

JCMC

Great Post!:yes:

9. Eckie

Eckie

Wife just read a post on fb, a bill was put in for 3% raise for sheriffs departments . It got voted down along party lines w all of one particular party voting against. They even said it was because the sheriffs said they wouldnt back that party's gun laws. They're doing a bang up job of showing their true colors!

10. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Quid pro what was that? Yup.

11. Sourwood

Sourwood

One of the “agreements “ was that Sheriffs would promise to fire a deputy enforcing one of the laws. That is illegal.
    My position is, someone I don’t know wrote up a stupid document and want me to agree with it? Don’t left the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

as a Commonwealth, Virginia counties may have more autonomy, but the truth is likely to be these adoptions have no legal standing. More of a resolution. The crazy nuts on the city council here pass resolutions on climate or going to war. Means nothing, other than wasting tax dollars.

wildwest and Well Seasoned like this.
  12. unclefess

unclefess Guest

they are going after other states now ,texas for one ,there is a certain person currently running for office who has made it his life's mission to destroy the 2nd amendment ( this same person has many armed guards and takes them everywhere he goes including to his luxury home in jamaica where it is quite difficult for regular people to own a gun ) he will continue to dump millions in to this cause of his . as for who would be responsible for any potential confiscations i think the national guard perhaps ,the regular military is prohibited by law to be used for law enforcement unless some type of emergency is declared but the guard is a state unit ,i cant see the local sheriffs or police doing it although around here the police have become so militerized it is quite frightening with excessive equipment and tactics ,i never thought i would fear the police but i do today .

wildwest, Well Seasoned and Eckie like this.
  13. Eckie

Eckie

Yes the guard was mentioned, even by a state representative. It really fired things up, got an official response put out by the va national guard that they had received no request blah blah blah... A lot of them were shaking their heads as well. Pondering...if they had been told to do it...maybe/hopefully CIC would step in, federalize them, and stand them down.

Hopefully, other people have paid attention to this, and learned. And stay vigilant.

wildwest, Well Seasoned and Erik B like this.
  14. unclefess

unclefess Guest

i meant to say bermuda not jamaica sorry about the mistake

15. Well Seasoned

I found out last minute last night that my county, the north most county out of the 10 in the state of NH, were having a quarterly meeting regarding the usual stuff, but a fellah wanted to introduce this: The Second Amendment Sanctuary Movement Comes to COOS COUNTY New Hampshire. - Granite Grok

The entire thing was kept quiet it seemed. I got the blessing from work early this morning to take the day off, and they expect a full report when I get back. (Big 2A supporters)

The meeting was a success. Big turnout, multiple speakers, sheriff's, etc. The assembly all voted to forward the resolution, & notify the residents about the bill & add it to the vote next quarter. 3 months.... seems like a bit of a wait, however, alot of word can spread in that amount of time.

These resolutions on a local level in any state do not overpower state law, and if it came down to it, maybe they would. But the amount of people that get proactive certainly sends a clear message regarding our opinion of the 2A and its enemies.

There were some folks from belknap county that took notes, ready to introduce the same or similar resolutions, one that echoes Virginia, with help from GOA and the New Hampshire firearm coalition.

Marvin, wildwest, yooperdave and 4 others like this.
  16. unclefess

unclefess Guest

oh well im in carroll county i guess i will need to turn them in ;)

17. Well Seasoned

XXL likes this.
  18. XXL

XXL

There has been charter challenge and Blair has already corrected himself regarding 10 and 12 gauge issue. Still does't clear up the Big Bore Rifles.:zip:

Google: cbc firearms group launches charter challenge of weapons ban as blair clarifies rules for shotguns

The constitutional challenge comes a day after Public Safety Minister Bill Blair clarified the rules on shotguns in response to firearms owners flagging what they saw as a gap in the law that could lead to legal troubles for hunters.

Blair said licensed firearm owners will still be allowed to own 10 and 12 gauge shotguns — even if the removal of a 'choke' means the bore diameter of the firearm exceeds 20 mm.

Well Seasoned likes this.
  19. Well Seasoned

20. Well Seasoned

yooperdave and XXL like this.