In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Why is it cold in my house?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by mattjm1017, Oct 22, 2013.

  1. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    I know what yall are thinking and yes the answer is in part because the wood stove isnt going. What Im getting at though is its warm outside probably close to 70* but its getting chilly inside. I really dont want to light the stove just yet because I dont have a floor protector in front of the stove (the wife is going to get the new one tomorrow) im just wondering why its warmer outside than inside and do yall think it would be ok to light a small fire to take the chill off even though I dont have the thermal protection in front of the wood stove?
     
  2. concretegrazer

    concretegrazer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,429
    Likes Received:
    12,455
    Location:
    Southwest MO
    Have you done your curing/break-in fire for the year yet? If not, now would be a good time!
     
    blujacket and mattjm1017 like this.
  3. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    Yeah I could do that just throw a couple splits in take the chill off and let it go out for the night.
     
    clemsonfor and concretegrazer like this.
  4. milleo

    milleo

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    2,317
    Likes Received:
    9,212
    Location:
    Maine
    Well did ya light it?....I sure would have, I don't like being cold so I would take my chances..
     
    clemsonfor and mattjm1017 like this.
  5. mattjm1017

    mattjm1017

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1,825
    Likes Received:
    3,262
    Location:
    North Eastern North Cackalacky
    Not last night but its going tonight:fire:
     
    milleo, fox9988 and clemsonfor like this.