I had this dead standing elm in the sugarbush . Not a large one by no means but no matter which way it would fall it would take out my mainlines or hit the pump house . I thought if it would “ hang up “ I’m some maples I would get lucky and could buck up a little at a time and let the top come down towards me . Worked perfect, tree fell and hung up . Figured if I was gonna has issues do it now before maple season starts . As a bonus I got a small load of that perfect size elm for the stove . I would fill up the kubota with some more firewood but the fields are just not froze up . Don’t need to get stuck .
Sometimes things go as planned , needless to say if the elm didn’t hang up in the branches it was gonna land smack on top of the pump house . Probably NOT post a pic of that ! Lol
Aww come on, I wanna see the pictures of screw ups to. Gotta know we’re all human and I’m not the only one who has bad days
Right there it does not look too muddy. I took the atv toward the creek last night to see how things look. Nope. I'll wait for the water to go down before I head back there again.
In the woods was fine Dennis , not bad but a lot of standing water . My problem is the corn stubble field that I need to drive on . Hopefully will get that cold stuff this week and tighten things up .
Oh yeah. I suspect most of the fields are not fit to drive in right now. They might get enough frost in them the next couple of days but looks like that will be short lived.