In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. bogieb

bogieb

Sorry for you loss. Alzheimers is nasty for both the sufferer and care givers. Probably a blessing it is over for her, now it is the family and friends who are left to find peace.

2. bogieb

bogieb

Turned on the ThermGuard Thursday evening to keep the pipes going thru the garage from freezing during single digit weather. Heard the FHW registers popping and clicking just before I got up this morning (just sounds of metal fins heating up). That always takes me by surprise since I'm not used to those sounds. Low yesterday morning was 5 and it got up to 12* yesterday afternoon with a pretty good wind. This morning it is 5* so far - plenty of time for the temp to fall more.

Can tell the ground warmed up last weekend and the beginning of the week. Besides the fact it was a muddy mess when I took care of snow Thursday, another clue was that the P61a had used a bit less than 1 bag. I was surprised the P43 only used 1-1/4 bags but then there was plenty of sunshine to help out.

Wind wasn't strong last night, so didn't have to put the P43 in stove mode - yet. Supposed to get 6-9" of snow in my area tonight so I'll get more exercise soon. This storm is supposed to produce light fluffy snow, so won't be as hard to clean up as the last storm. Plus, the ground should be frozen back up.

Everyone stay warm!

3. BHags

BHags

3-6 inches down my way, but it's not starting until late this afternoon. I'll be crazy busy at work today, but I have tomorrow off, and all day to clean the yard. (with a few cold ones, and one of the Weber's going).

4. BHags

BHags

Our condolences.

5. imacman

imacman

My condolences to you & your family.

6. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Sorry for you loss. Sending prayers!!

7. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria

I think it will stiffen up a tad this week!!!
    :D

Dan

8. gbreda

gbreda

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

Thank you for the warm words :D
    Sitting here waiting for the chit to arrive so I could start a partial clean up. It will be too cold for the roof to dump, I hope :whistle:

IHATEPROPANE, wildwest, Thor and 5 others like this.
  10. will711

will711

Well I could go oh...... so... many places with this all naughty of course :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

11. ChandlerR

ChandlerR

I am so sorry ivanhoe. We lost my mother in law to the same thing. Like they say, it's harder on the family and friends.

12. slvrblkk

slvrblkk

So sorry brother, my condolences to you and your family.

13. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

So sorry Ivan lost two grandparents to the same disease and fear my mother will suffer as well, pray that the Good Lord spares her and will also pray he welcomes you sister with open arms .
    Went for a walk yup the snow is flying and its so cleansing that I could not resist a walk through it , really clears the mind and soul..

Once again Ivanhoe I offer my sincere condolences.

14. bogieb

bogieb

Got about 7" of light snow so went out shortly before 8 to start snow blowing and got finished about 10 minutes ago. Happily, the road crew didn't put much salt down when they plowed last night, so even that berm was easy to get thru. Wondering if the roof will dump today or wait until later in the week. Light snow usually takes a while to compact enough to do the slide thing, but the sun is already strong this morning, so that may hasten things along.

Should be to, or close to the Lignetic golds I put in the P43 hopper yesterday. Don't really remember how they ran last time compared to the MWP's - I'm sure they were of at least the same burn quality. but regardless, the house will stay warm during the single digit mornings and the high's of teens expected coming Monday.

badbob, IHATEPROPANE, ivanhoe and 5 others like this.
  15. BHags

BHags

6:00 am today. House is 59 degrees. No hot water. Stove was shut off last night, when we came upstairs. Hit the reset button on the oil burner, making a noise like stripping gears. The oil co. came out within a couple hours, and it was a pretty easy fix. Gears in the motor had actually stripped down to nothing after about 20 years. It's at that time when I really appreciate being able to crank up the old Hastings to get the house warm while we waited for repairs. No hot water was a pain, but all's good now. Now that the house is warm, I think I'll go outside and pretend to be busy while I grill and toss back a couple cold budlights !

IHATEPROPANE, Thor, ivanhoe and 9 others like this.
  16. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

Grill yes, you gotta up your beer game though.

IHATEPROPANE, Thor, ivanhoe and 10 others like this.
  17. bogieb

bogieb

Experimented for lunch and made some gluten free tuna patties on my George Foreman grill. Tasted pretty good and then got creative and added a little Alfredo sauce - which was awesome.

Cooked tuna patties.jpg

Tuna patty with alfredo sauce.jpg

18. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Only got about 3" of fluffy stuff. None would have been betta............. :D

IHATEPROPANE, Thor, ivanhoe and 5 others like this.
  19. Earl764

Earl764

it was nice to watch down here. I won’t bother cleaning it up.

IHATEPROPANE, Thor, ivanhoe and 3 others like this.
  20. BHags

BHags

I'll take six buds over one nasty IPA anyday

IHATEPROPANE, Thor, ivanhoe and 5 others like this.