In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Horkn

Horkn

Eh, we'll see. Not really planning on shelling out 1000+ for a new SS fridge.

Chaz, bogieb, Chvymn99 and 7 others like this.
  2. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

When we needed a new beer fridge we talked to our garbage man. We know him from a bar we used to go to. He is an independent. He not only takes care of the garbage, he does recycling also. He has this setup with a couple used appliance places. He works with them and they refurbish then sell it to who ever. I told him what we were looking for. I was looking for a side by side. He found one and took it to the appliance store where they went over and verified it worked and had a 30 day guarantee. Then he sold it to us for 150 bucks. Nice enough for kitchen.

Chaz, savemoney, bogieb and 11 others like this.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Did my good deed for the day. Two friends stopped in to get some wood. We loaded up a pickup full of good dry ash. It is going to a fellow who is laid up. His wife has to do all the work right now and they need wood. They had planned on cutting some wood out of his woods but not now; just come here and get what you need. It will be dry and burnable.

So while loading they told me we are to get 1-3" snow today. No! When I got back inside I looked at the forecast. Hum... none forecast until Saturday. But then 8-12". Well, maybe I'll get to plow some snow yet this year. But we know they can be very wrong; like last weekend.

Chaz, eatonpcat, savemoney and 15 others like this.
  4. rottiman

rottiman

A foot last weekend, supposed to be a few inches tonight and another 10" on the weekend. Hop on that Bodi' and start headin' NE. I'll let you play, er...... I mean plow all you want !!!!!!!!!!

5. yooperdave

yooperdave

Snowing here now. Just under than 2" but shows no signs of letting up yet.

6. Horkn

Horkn

Doing the diagnosis of what's going on with my fridge, it could simply be the starter relay for the compressor. The fridge is clicking about once a minute.
    It's a $76-90 part, so I'll let the repair guy do his thing. If it was a cheaper part, I'd probably just buy the part and swap it myself. A replacement fridge like ours is $1100-1300. I'll be happy if $200 can fix it.

It's good that this happened in the winter. I simply use boxes and coolers for fridge stuff, and I either put them in the back patio for frozen stuff, and in the garage for refrigerated items. Still a hassle, but it could be worse. I made snowballs and threw them in the coolers. That worked.

7. yooperdave

yooperdave

Good news.

8. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

Just put it on the porch... plenty cold out there...

9. yooperdave

yooperdave

Wouldn't want his wine to get warm...…. :rofl: :lol:

10. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

Wine? Did the Packers lose?

11. Horkn

Horkn

For the most part. The frozen stuff stayed frozen last night even though it was warmer last night. Now it's already under freezing. It just dropped to 32° about an hour ago. It's going to get colder now...

Hopefully we have an operational fridge by the weekend.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  12. Horkn

Horkn

Reds, yes. Whites, it got to like 35° today, which was perfect out, refrigerator weather. Our fridge is set at 38°, but the freezer was set at -2.

No, we're still celebrating our win over the Seahawks last weekend. ;).

There's a lot of wine in California, a lot more than in Wisconsin.:thumbs:

13. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

Ours has a fan that loves to get the leading edges of the blades gunked up.... a little degreaser cleans them right up, fridge starts cooling properly again.

14. Thor

Thor

Win or lose this Sunday and I'm good. We swept the NFC North. Beating the Seahawks was sweet for me.

15. Horkn

Horkn

The fan blades were remarkably clean considering I've never cleaned them before. The fan spins, just doesn't go any faster.

I'll clean them off for S's and G's. The compressor isn't kicking on, and I found that these starter relays are prone to fail.

16. Horkn

Horkn

I agree. No matter what, it was a huge turn around for a first year head coach. That's coach of the year material.

17. Gasifier

Gasifier

Accomplished a little dirt moving today. Also cleared the concrete pad in front of the barn of ice and snow. With more snow coming overnight I wanted to get that cleaned of so I wasn’t fighting that ice any longer. I back dragged the snow off the pad and the ice held steady. Then I spread out about 20lbs of ice melt and let it work for several hours while I moved some clay. The warmer temperatures helped. And I was able to get the ice cleared. My wife finished off the rest of it a little later. Glad to have that hydraulic line replaced and a new plug installed in the heater on the 310J. The colder temperatures are coming. Sooner than later now.

18. schlot

schlot

Having a little cold snap, dropped to 5 below, so I threw a few more logs on the fire. That is all :)

19. Stinny

Stinny

Monin... :coffee:... fire's choochin' along... light snow is falling... Giz back inside after the usual chittin pizz, and frantic roll in the snow... ahhhh, paradise... :D

20. Gasifier

Gasifier

We have some new snow here, not sure how much but would guess 4-5”. The kids and wife have a two hour delay. Caffeine going in and then it will be time to make a trip to the gas station for some fuel. Cleaning up this white stuff will take a little while this morning. Not sure what kind of project I’ll get into after that. Stay safe and have fun folks.