In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Spring in December

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Kimberly, Dec 30, 2019.

  1. Kimberly

    Kimberly

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2015
    Messages:
    5,072
    Likes Received:
    12,819
    Location:
    The Kangaroo State
    It is a warm sunny Spring day today at the end of December. It is currently 24.4C/76F in my house. I had a small fire last night but let it go out and haven't a fire at the moment. I will be out out cutting after a bit of dinner first.
     
  2. Warner

    Warner

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2017
    Messages:
    7,368
    Likes Received:
    47,699
    Location:
    New Hampshire
    Not in New England! 7FA52FED-0496-488A-AA75-8AE94743B949.jpeg
     
  3. MikeInMa

    MikeInMa

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2016
    Messages:
    15,865
    Likes Received:
    114,919
    Location:
    Southern Worcester county
    Cold, raw, rainy, snowy, sleety, and icy here. And heading towards being darkee outside-ee.

    Toasty inside by the fire-ee, sipping a cold frosty.

    Tee-hee.
     
    Woodwidow and Midwinter like this.
  4. Kimberly

    Kimberly

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2015
    Messages:
    5,072
    Likes Received:
    12,819
    Location:
    The Kangaroo State
    If you have to be stuck inside on a raw December day then nothing better than sitting by a warm fire sipping a cold one. Down here it is warm and sunny; been out cutting and splitting wood.
     
    MikeInMa likes this.
  5. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,749
    Likes Received:
    224,625
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Don't go putting the garden in. Its a false spring.
     
    MikeInMa and clay shooter like this.
  6. clay shooter

    clay shooter

    Joined:
    Apr 30, 2017
    Messages:
    1,419
    Likes Received:
    7,323
    Location:
    ENGLAND
    the start of the new year, they say its going to be warm here.
     
  7. Kimberly

    Kimberly

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2015
    Messages:
    5,072
    Likes Received:
    12,819
    Location:
    The Kangaroo State
    It is a worry though for gardeners; I don't need my bulbs sprouting in the gardens. I also hope it turns back cold quickly to keep any of the fruit trees from budding. I am seeing Daffodils sprouting up but usually if they don't grow too much it doesn't hurt them that much. If necessary, I could cover the daffs in leaves; I clean the beds off of any leaves to prevent voles as voles prefer ground cover to protect them from hawks. While this warm weather is nice, I do worry about it staying too warm for too long since it can harm the gardens.
     
    Midwinter likes this.