So, I'm on vacation, & the weather is nice. So, what does one do when this exists.. Or this.. Well, I did a touch of scrounging about on the piles, and came back with this.. Although to be honest, they didn't leave me the beer. So, now I'm parked beside some equipment and drinking beer. I present.. The Morbark Beever.. And this grabber..
Here's a pic of the buzzsaw monster. That thing tore up some ground. Good thing they done gave me some $$$
Did you see the buzzsaw in action? Will the pipeline be above ground? I'm sure they'll grade those ruts all flat.
Yes I did. Thx for reminding me, I still haven't posted the video. The operator has some "large brass ones" let me tell you. That boom must have been out a minimum of 60' and bouncing, while he's on the gasline at probably a 30° nose-down angle. Serious pucker factor in my book. Lemme link up the vid.
A little wood here, a little wood there..a little wood everywhere! Damm, now its stuck in my head and im singing it!
When will they finish? Will it be an all Winter project weather permitting? Looks like some easy to process wood! Easier is more better in my book!
Not sure when the main crew may be coming through. Last I knew NY was still fighting against the pipeline. Likely some frog or lizard had a nice house and didn't want it disturbed. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for protection of habitat, but it gets a bit over-inflated sometimes. It will be great when they come through, three separate log landings, and a deer browse cover after the pipeline is laid. We were paid timber value, and get to keep it as well. Besides, I think watching the process and the equipment working will be cool as he##.
That short video you posted was cool to watch. Id be standing right next to you enjoying the show. If you bribe the guy will he let you drive that thing??? Depends on what you bribe him with!!!
Well, as you saw on the video, I stayed out of their work zone. They've got enough to concern them without a "Lookey-loo" hanging about. They've got a job to do, it's best I stay out of their way so they can "Get R Done"
For sure best to stay a long way off. That thing can throw some sticks and chips a long, long ways and it could give you more than pucker power.