In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Great Wisdom...................

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by rottiman, Dec 18, 2019.

  1. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX
    When one door closes and another door opens, you are probably in prison.


    To me, "drink responsibly" means don't spill it.

    When I say, "The other day," I could be referring to any time between yesterday and 15 years ago.

    Interviewer: "So, tell me about yourself." Me: "I'd rather not. I kinda want this job."

    Cop: "Please step out of the car." Me: "I'm too drunk. You get in.

    I remember being able to get up without making sound effects.

    I had my patience tested. I'm negative.

    Remember, if you lose a sock in the dryer, it comes back as a Tupperware lid that doesn't fit any of your containers.

    If you're sitting in public and a stranger takes the seat next to you, just stare straight ahead and say "Did you bring the money?"

    When you ask me what I am doing today, and I say "nothing," it does not mean I am free. It means I am doing nothing.

    Age 60 might be the new 40, but 9:00 is the new midnight.

    I finally got eight hours of sleep. It took me three days, but whatever.

    I run like the winded.

    I hate when a couple argues in public, and I missed the beginning and don't know whose side I'm on.

    When someone asks what I did over the weekend, I squint and ask, "Why, what did you hear?"

    I don't remember much from last night, but the fact that I needed sunglasses to open the fridge this morning tells me it was awesome.

    When you do squats, are your knees supposed to sound like a goat chewing on an aluminum can stuffed with celery?

    I don't mean to interrupt people. I just randomly remember things and get really excited.

    When I ask for directions, please don't use words like "east."

    It's the start of a brand new day, and I'm off like a herd of turtles.

    Don't bother walking a mile in my shoes. That would be boring. Spend 30 seconds in my head. That'll freak you right out.

    That moment when you walk into a spider web suddenly turns you into a karate master.

    Sometimes, someone unexpected comes into your life outta nowhere, makes your heart race, and changes you forever. We call those people cops.

    The older I get, the earlier it gets late.
     
  2. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:... "Age 60 might be the new 40, but 9:00 is the new midnight." ... ayuh... ;)
     
  3. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    I had to google wisdom! :doh:
     
  4. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    :rofl: :lol:
     
  5. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,709
    Likes Received:
    224,321
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Another good on rotti!