In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Gasifier

Gasifier

We are currently lounging, extra gravity seems to be keeping us down :confused: and we are watching The Wizard of Oz. :faint:

2. Chaz

Chaz

Watch out for flying monkeys
    :jaw:

3. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Just left Walmart Black Friday shopping. Got a 50" 4k Roku smart TV for $148. IMG_20191128_191755391.jpg

4. Marvin

Marvin

Happy Thanksgiving all! I hope it was a good one! Stay safe if you have to travel!

5. LinkedXJ

LinkedXJ

Hope yall have had an awesome Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of ya!

What a day it turned out being..
    So we dont have much for family that we keep in contact with, either because of distance between us related to living or because we just simply dont
    get along or dont have much of a relationship with them to begin with.

Wife this year made us reservations at a local boat club restaurant thing out on the local reservoir.
    It would of been my Dad, Wife, Emmett(our little boy) and my self. Monday comes around and my wife tells me that our
    part time baby sitter is inviting us out to her family friends house for Thanksgiving. My wife met this lady on facebook after
    creating a wanted ad for a part time baby sitter for our boy when our full time sitter is busy or not available.

Well things have gone great with this part time sitter, She's literally like a grandmother to our son, she is simply amazing. We have
    maintained a fantastic relationship with her, her Husband and her daughter. We got invited out for Thanksgiving dinner with some
    folks we have never met before.. I agreed to it, i had this gut feeling that it was going to be something great.

Im glad we went.. Dad, Wife, Emmett and I loaded up and headed over... We felt so welcome. These nice folks welcomed us into
    their home and within a few minutes we literally felt like we were legit part of these peoples family. It was amazing, today was
    fantastic. Way way, so much better then any ol reservation at a restaurant. Our boy was the center of attention for many.
    There must of been 25 people at this get together.

We are so thankful, we plan on carrying on with this new found relationship. Today was absolutely perfect.

And the food... OH MY! The food was fantastic!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  6. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Same here except E. T. on the tube. :yes:

I love the orchestra!

7. Horkn

Horkn

Awesome! That's what this holiday is all about!!!

8. Gasifier

Gasifier

Very nice! That is awesome! Glad you had a great day and have new good friends!

9. Gasifier

Gasifier

My son and I got our workout done this morning and are back home for breakfast. Time to start doing a little work around the property. The top of the ground is starting to freeze up. Hopefully that continues for the ground work I want to do. You firewood hoarders have a good day.

10. savemoney

savemoney

11. savemoney

savemoney

12. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Spent a great Thanksgiving with my wife of 57 years. One our best ones yet!

13. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Finially fixed my waterline. Not running the house from a garden hose anymore!

Also shortened up my fridge waterline by at least 8ft for increased pressure. Whole house water pressure is better than it was before. Of course better than the garden hose but better than the old house supply line.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

14. Gasifier

Gasifier

I was able to get some ground work done today, but not much. The top of the ground was not frozen hard enough yet. Tomorrow should be better to make the top of the ground a hard crust. Hopefully the teen temps will get it there. I dig manage to dig up more and make more mess. So I have plenty of dirt to move and bring to nearby low spots in the trails. Sunday looks cold too, but now snow is also predicted. :picard:

15. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Some of you might have read about a rock slide this week that closed I-70 W. Had another one today, even closer to me.
    So reading the CDOT reports, they "stopped" all westbound traffic @ Beaver Brook, which is plenty E of town. Cool, no one around, I'll make a dump run, beat the traffic tomorrow. Yeah,...... they were letting people through, on the frontage Rd.
    Long story short- 2-1/2 hrs for a 14 mile round trip. .... and the dump wasn't even open. :picard:

I can only :rofl: :lol::cool:

16. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

17. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Wonderful :) We had one the nicest here too, just us 3.

As far as Black Friday I have two alerts out, not gifts but looking for a good price on tarps for the pole barn and a self retracting compressor hose reel for the garage. He wants a 100', not seeing any on black friday sales.
    :doh:

This stupid back stuff is for the birds! Did well being careful the last couple days but reached the wrong way for tp roll during potty and I'm stationary again :confused: Need to power through a shower, wish me luck.

18. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I dont feel so bad about my dump run this morning after reading that. Bastards better be open tomorrow!

19. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Good luck wildwest , you can do it ! :thumbs:

..if not, have Hubby take you Laramie, I'm sure they've got a car wash... :rofl: :lol:

20. Gasifier

Gasifier

Good Saturday morning to all of you. There will be a full day of moving dirt ahead. Can of Pepsi going in and 310J plugged in at 6. Time to drive up to the fuel station and get some diesel. All you firewood hoarders have a great day and make sure to have some kind of fun.