In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Whats “AS” forum

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Woodwhore, Nov 26, 2019.

1. farmer steve

farmer steve

I started out on AS and I'm Stihl a regular there. Bunch of good people there with lots of wood and chainsaw knowledge. Please don't judge everyone there because of a couple numbnutz. I pick and choose what I want to read and what I don't. I like this forum and do the same here. I only know a few people from this site and all are great. I like to share my knowledge of wood because I have been around it all my life. Dad taught me all the trees in the forest and I love tree ID threads. Gotta run. Have a truckload of ash and hickory to unload.

Attached Files:

2. Yawner

Yawner

I have thought several times how much better this site is versus the other one regarding civility.

3. Sandhillbilly

Sandhillbilly

Oh, and let’s not forget the bevel up - bevel down debate in shooting flintlocks :whistle:

Jack Straw, Horkn, bear 1998 and 4 others like this.
  4. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

I like FHC because there is a decided lack of blow hards, maybe that's because of the no politics rule...they just go away, or if they dont they stick out like a sore thumb and you learn to generally ignore them. So odds are if somebody says sumthin important you can usually believe it.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    Jack Straw, Horkn, bear 1998 and 6 others like this.
  5. ReelFaster

ReelFaster

Great post Woodwhore ! FHC sure is special! I've never really had a need to drift onto any other site. Usually find all the info I'll ever need right here. That's not to say there isn't some good content on other sites. Sure I've googled stuff and hits came up on other sites but never felt the need to join. Loyal to FHC till the end (Not implying whatsoever if your a member of another site your not loyal to FHC :yes:).

6. MikeInMa

MikeInMa

I definitely do not feed any trolls. When hungry enough, they seek notoriety elsewhere.

Jack Straw, Horkn, bear 1998 and 4 others like this.
  7. bear 1998

bear 1998

ground down....:mad:

Jack Straw, farmer steve and Horkn like this.
  8. JCMC

JCMC

I go on the other forums on occasion to search out info (lots of how to info for saws) and have met some great people on them, but prefer the Friendly Family atmosphere of FHC and look forward to meeting fellow FHC'ers at GTG's