In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

White Oak is the Winner!

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by buZZsaw BRAD, Nov 21, 2019.

1. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Im in North Haven. Welcome to the forum. :handshake: I see you are a recent newbie. Glad to have you here. Always nice to have another fellow Connecticuter here.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    Horkn, Midwinter, metalcuttr and 3 others like this.
  2. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Yep, looking good, buddy. Hickory like that is beautiful sawn into boards, makes some very interesting grain patterns.

tamarack, Horkn, Midwinter and 3 others like this.
  3. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

I can imagine. Didnt think of that! You dont do any milling do you? Do you put aside/sell any scrounges for milling purposes?

Horkn, Midwinter, Chaz and 1 other person like this.
  4. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

No sir, we don't do any milling. Dad bought a Mobile Dimension sawmill in 1980, I ran it for him for several years. Had enough of that. We buy our lumber for furniture already graded, kiln dried and lightly planed.

5. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Started splitting the white oak late this afternoon. Last row of face cord stacks empty. Almost filled it up, but got too dark. Frozen straight grained wood split like cake. Smelled great too! IMG_1506.JPG IMG_1505.JPG
    A few splits starting the last row. Last two pics dark.. Flash didnt go off on camera. Ill finish the stack tomorrow and maybe split the rest. Maybe half left to split. IMG_1508.JPG IMG_1507.JPG

6. Gpsfool

Gpsfool

Hey Buzzsaw - With all that hoarding you do (kudos btw) how do you have time for real food-on-the-table work? What’s your secret?

7. Midwinter

Midwinter

The secret to my success.

8. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

Self employed for over 30 years. Ive fired myself multiple times! Three part time businesses that im not "married" to. I work alone all the time. Happily divorced since 2004, no kids/dependents, no house, Ms. buZZsaw is live in GF, self sufficient. We split bills/rent. I live WELL within my means. No debt.
    I enjoy making firewood, great hobby, great exercise, free wood and sell it too. My mom was a hoarder and i guess the apple doesnt fall far from the tree! Only i hoard wood and not plastic shopping bags! LOL!!!