In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Favorite wood you tuber

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Woodwhore, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Woodwhore

Woodwhore

Im assuming most of us feed our addiction more with you tube when we aren’t actively doing wood. I was just wondering who everyones favorite is. Joes premium firewood is good, hes small guy in Mi always good for laughs but hes a hard worker and i like it. Of course buckin billy ray. Others include Back forty firewood and outdoors with the morgans. Does anyone in FHC have a youtube channel that i should be supporting????

2. Midwinter

Midwinter

3. Casper

Casper

I only watch the Joe guy when I need to watch something that makes me feel better about myself. Outdoors w/the Morgans and Billy Ray have some solid videos. Also, the guy from MN, I think he's a member her, he has some good stuff.

4. DaveGunter

DaveGunter

5. Woodwhore

Woodwhore

Oh ya i like him too

6. Woodwhore

Woodwhore

Ya Joe always amazes me that him and his crew still have all there limbs

metalcuttr, FatBoy85 and Thor like this.
  7. stuckinthemuck

stuckinthemuck

Not a wood guy. More of a dirt guy. But I recently found Andrew Camarata. Here he is fixing chainsaws. Lots of interesting and informative videos.

8. ReelFaster

ReelFaster

Same here I just found him a few months back I really enjoy his videos. He's into alot of heavy machinery but gets into all sorts of informative stuff. Always looks like he does a very nice job for his customers.

I also really enjoy Life In Farmland!

9. FatBoy85

FatBoy85

I don’t necessarily watch all those religiously but have seen a few of each mentioned above. There’s also a guy who has some multiple channels and makes lots of videos on each of them. Responsible for editing his videos too i believe. JoeandZachsurvival channel on YouTube and then another is NorthernSeclusion that ties in tandem sorta. The Survival titled is more a cabin and other hunting stuff but you watch him do other things like build fires and fix the stuff that breaks down with that. His son accompanies him on these trips and his dad makes an appearance with a cabin of his own not far away.
    I tend to like it more than just a face talking straight at the screen. This is more fun as he does good work so you can sorta use it if you have diy skills. Mix of everything that’s seen here. The other I believe is more on another house he has been renovating with his girlfriend. The farmhouse they call it.

10. coreboy83

coreboy83

+ 1 for Back40 ! Great guy

11. jrider

jrider

Never searched out any youtube videos to pass the time but I will watch if people post things. Does this mean I'm old? Haha

12. Woodwhore

Woodwhore

Lol you sound like my Dad. Hell watch bonanza all day on a rainy day if he cant go fishing or if hes not building rods

T.Jeff Veal, metalcuttr and FatBoy85 like this.
  13. buZZsaw BRAD

buZZsaw BRAD

I feed my addiction with FHC!

T.Jeff Veal, TMACK and eatonpcat like this.
  14. Jon_E

Jon_E

Outdoors with the Morgans is my favorite. I've watched probably 85% of their videos. Mike Morgan is a member here, although I don't think he's particularly active anymore. Too busy making good videos.

Life in Farmland is good too. I also like other tree cutting/logging/sawmill vids - some examples are August Hunicke, Human, hotsaws101, Ace Tree Management, Out of the Woods.

I tried watching Buckin' Billy Ray but I just could not bring myself to sit though a 35+ minute video where he cuts down one tree. His videos are WAY too long for the content.

T.Jeff Veal, metalcuttr and tamarack like this.
  15. Woodwhore

Woodwhore

I agree i never can sit through Buckin

T.Jeff Veal and metalcuttr like this.
  16. TMACK

TMACK

I'm kinda YouTube junkie, like a lot of the ones mentioned here. Definitely like the non-sponcered channels better.some of these guys getting way to big. Next thing they have all new and great equipment and it becomes a sales pitch.

17. RabbleRouser

RabbleRouser

Agreed 100%. Some of these people are just doing commercials for their sponsors.

I prefer select youtube content over corporate television these days.
    I've never sought out videos about firewood stuff but I know of Outdoors with the Morgans just from looking into the off grid lifestyle. I've seen that Life on the Farm one before, nice videography but the content doesn't hold me too long.

Firewood related would be Leon's Chainsaw Parts & Repair. Leon's Chainsaw Parts & Repair He runs the House of Homelite Forum and does repairs and full blown restorations of vintage saws.

Not related at all to firewood stuff but maybe one of the best channels out there is This Old Tony. Does all kinds of garage machinist, welding, fabricating videos but so much more. He did build his kid a go cart with a couple chainsaw engines. It's worth it just for the humor.

Then there's Curtis Buchanan building Windsor chairs from trees with mostly hand tools. Has a nice shop with a Vermont Castings stove too.
    Curtis Buchanan

18. Grizzly Adam

Grizzly Adam null

19. Jnb

Jnb

Anouther one to mention is GP outdoors. I like Buckin Billy, and Life In Farmland as well.

20. Kimberly

Kimberly

I don't watch any wood YouTubers. I was watching an outdoors guy that was doing bush campings. He was green; I told him about how to cut a tree; he would try to cut it through from the top with a bow saw and it would bind on him. It was fun watching him for awhile and then he started hawking camping products and I lost interest. I have no interest in watching a sales video and that is what he became, a salesman.

metalcuttr, Woodwhore and FatBoy85 like this.