In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Introduce yourself here !

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Pallet Pete, Oct 6, 2013.

1. T.Jeff Veal

T.Jeff Veal

Welcome to the club. Lots of great folks here sharing knowledge and humor. Great to have another hoarder from Dixie. Yep, it's fun to play with the big boy toys...how about a picture of your fire pit...

2. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Welcome to FHC...:handshake:... Your have to share some of your favorite cigars ;).... there are few of that enjoy those...Cigars??

3. Marvin

Marvin

4. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Welcome BackyardFirewooder you'll enjoy it here. We like dogs, beer and pics. A lot of great people and a lot of knowledge to share. Wouldn't be surprised if a few of them try and get you to heat by wood. But no matter what your welcomed here.

Chaz, NH mountain man, bogieb and 4 others like this.
  5. BackyardFirewooder

BackyardFirewooder

I enjoy many Dominican cigars such as AF Anejo and AF Don Carlos. If I was going to go the Nicaraguan route, it would be a Sobremesa from Steve Saka or a Padron maduro.

Attached Files:

Chaz, Chvymn99, Russell and 7 others like this.
  6. Russellmania

Russellmania

Hello Everyone, I am starting to get into the whole wood burning and firewood world. I work with Raybonz and started talking to him about wood burning. He suggested I join this forum and am glad I did. There is a lot of good information and people here. I currently have a Vermont Casting wood burning insert and am starting to use it a lot more.

Chaz, Chvymn99, Thor and 6 others like this.
  7. Midwinter

Midwinter

Hi Russellmania! You live in my neck of the woods, I'm in Nashua. You're adding to our NH representation! Where do you get your wood?

Chaz, Chvymn99, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  8. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

Welcome Russellmania. Just so ya know, we like dogs, beer and pics. The more the better. You'll like it here. Great people with a lot of knowledge to share.

Chaz, Chvymn99, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  9. metalcuttr

metalcuttr

Welcome Russellmania You are going to have a lot of fun as you get into firewood heating! It can be hard work at times but that is far out weighed by the satisfaction and comfort gained. Looking forward to more posts!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    Chaz, Chvymn99, bogieb and 1 other person like this.
  10. Russell

Russell

I'm a different Russell , but I did live in the Berkshires and heated with wood . I now live in eastern Mass. and have a pellet stove. I do like these forums and find it all interesting. Have a great weekend .

Chaz, Chvymn99, Thor and 4 others like this.
  11. metalcuttr

metalcuttr

Sorry Russell , clicked on the wrong one which I have corrected. Pleased to make your acquaintance however!

Chaz, Chvymn99, Midwinter and 2 others like this.
  12. Russell

Russell

Thank you like wise .

Chaz, Chvymn99, Midwinter and 2 others like this.
  13. bogieb

bogieb

Welcome!

What she said!

14. Marvin

Marvin

Welcome to the club Russellmania! Great screen name by the way :rofl: :lol: Puts me in mind of the good 'ol days

Chaz, Russell, Chvymn99 and 4 others like this.
  15. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

More fixed, and now gooder. :yes:

Chaz, Chvymn99, metalcuttr and 4 others like this.
  16. Meche_03

Meche_03

Hello. I'm from Missouri and my family and our new to us 16 acre piece of land with house is in Missouri. The new house is heated with a fire chief wood stove with propane backup.

This will be out first full winter in the house, 2nd year owning it. We remodeled the kitchen and painted all the rooms before moving in.

I grew up on a 120 acre farm and worked over 800 acres of family farm in northern Missouri. I helped stack wood before kindergarten and ran chainsaws alone around 14. Wife grew up pretty much the same except she lacks the chainsaw experience.

Currently using half of a medium open side shed as the wood shed this year. Shed is becoming a chicken coop by summer after the fire wood is removed. Im close to 3 chords of wood, most aged correctly....hard to do when you don't have a reason to stack oak up 3 years ago.

Biggest problem is I work in East TN right now and family and farm are in South Central Missouri. Very few days to cut and haul firewood. To help my father gifted me his 044 and 180 Sthil for Christmas and a speco¿ log splitter for birthday. I've picked up a 036 cheap this summer.

I'm an engineer by degree and a machinist by training so I can fix about anything even if it requires some farmer rigging.

17. Marvin

Marvin

18. metalcuttr

metalcuttr

Welcome Meche_03! A new home with a wood stove and 16 acres of land. All that firewood experience from a young age and now you have landed at FHC. It was meant to be!

19. Midwinter

Midwinter

Welcome Meche_03, I'm glad you found us. It sounds like your wife will be the one feeding the stove most often. You may run out of wood, but the first year is how you figure out how much you really need.

20. Meche_03

Meche_03

Thanks for the welcome. Worst case....I have to line up a holiday at my parents to borrow dad's F350 and gooseneck trailer to load up some old hedge from a hedge row on the farm.

I have a lead on slab wood from a sawmill but it costs...but it's aged Oak. I think I can get just shy of 3 cords of slab for $100.