In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pellet heads!! What's up today?

Discussion in 'Pellet Stoves, Pellet Fireplaces, Pellet Furnaces' started by DexterDay, Jan 16, 2014.

1. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

If you are a Costco Member, they have reasonable prices on glasses.

ivanhoe, IHATEPROPANE, Dpopps and 2 others like this.
  2. artc

artc

well, that was a success! changed to commentary from DEPENDS to BEER!:thumbs::coldone::pete::cheers::drunk::drool:

Thor, ivanhoe, Luneyburg and 8 others like this.
  3. Snowy Rivers

Snowy Rivers

:yes:
    Yesterday I found a never used pair of the aviator type glasses frames just like my old ones (Paid $170 originally) and got these bad boys for $28 to my door.

These had been a pilots spares and never used...they have the Rx in them but we can toss them in the trash and get my Rx in the frames.
    I love the soft one piece bridge assemblies... Great when I manage to bump my glasses (WORKING ON THE STOVE ) and I don't bend the nose piece..
    Ebay is such a great shopping spot :thumbs:

I have used several different places over the years....the past few times I have used Vision Works
    I have used Americas best and had good results.

Biggest issue I have is the Docs always get the Axis power off about 2 degrees in my right lens...

Only way to fix it is do it over.

Had one pair back a few years that took 3 do overs to gitterdone right ARRRRRRRRRGH
    Cost was on them, but it still sucks to have to wait a week each do over and then no joy....

So...I learned to check the Axis numbers against what I am wearing and if the numbers are not spot on I get on the Doc to check the numbers and see wassssssup before we send the Rx to the lab....
    This most recent time (Now) I brought up this complaint and the Doc made sure before we tripped the trigger on the new lenses.
    Ah yessss

And then 2-3 days to get the brain used to seeing all the nice crisp vision:yes:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  4. jtakeman

jtakeman Moderator

Might have a hard time keeping up with that pace................ :p

:D

We are easily sided with brewski's! :)

:coldone:

Thor, ivanhoe, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  5. imacman

imacman

Yup, don't take much......

Thor, ivanhoe, ttdberg and 3 others like this.
  6. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear

7. bogieb

bogieb

Dang, how can a tetanus shot make your shoulder muscles feel like you've way overdone a workout? Had my physical today (last one was 3 years ago - how the heck did time go so fast?). I'm healthy with a BP of 90/60, blood work came out good to.

Got the oil changed in the truck since, naturally, the oil change warning went off shortly after I picked the truck up from the tire change last Saturday :headbang:.

Went to HD afterwards and got thick shrink wrap plastic for the back door. That door is mostly glass and although it is two layers with an air pocket between, it still radiates plenty of cold. A plastic layer really helps - as long as the cats don't poke holes in it (thus the heavy plastic this time). Also grabbed a new humidifier for the living room since I had to use up a 10% off coupon I received for my cardiversary.

It has a larger reservoir at 1.6 gallons and has a goose neck you can install to get the mist up higher if you want. I've always been frustrated because the mist on most humidifiers doesn't go as high as I would like, and this should solve the issue.

new humidifier with telescope.jpg

You can't tell in my picture, but you can see from the box that the mist nozzle is split so you can aim it in two different directions if desired - pretty cool.
    shows dual nozzles.jpg

Haven't started it up yet because the house humidity is still at about 40% and my skin prefers more like 30%.

Thor, IHATEPROPANE, ivanhoe and 5 others like this.
  8. bogieb

bogieb

I was sitting at my computer eating yogurt and then decided some of the beef jerkey I had bought while I was doing errands was the thing to top it off. I couldn't figure out why I suddenly became a chick magnet (the 3 cats, all female, were all over me). then I picked up the bag to grab another piece, and it dawned on me - the bag crinkling sounds very similar to the bag that their treats come out of. Had to apologize to them for being such a tease :D

eatonpcat, Thor, IHATEPROPANE and 6 others like this.
  9. ttdberg

ttdberg Pellet Pig

B after you get some run time with the humidifier I’d like to know what you think of it. In the whole wide world of humidifiers, most of them aren’t great, so always on the lookout for a decent one recommended by someone.

10. imacman

imacman

Bought one of these at Bed, Bath, & Beyond a few years ago, and surprisingly, I like it a lot. Uses bottled water, and is whisper quiet. Works great at night while sleeping.

IHATEPROPANE, ivanhoe and PelletHound like this.
  11. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

I to would be interested as my humidity is at 20% , when leaving work today blew my nose and felt something trickling down my face low and behold I had a nose bleed . Have to attribute it to a combination of dry air and the too perfect air I am breathing at work .

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb, ivanhoe and 2 others like this.
  12. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Cool man need something as the only thing we have going is a vaporizer with essential oils in the bedroom every night .

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb, ivanhoe and 2 others like this.
  13. Earl764

Earl764

The design of this one means you have next to no bacteria to clean.

Uses the whicking material you can replace, has UV treatment, and you can add one of those silver doohickies to the water tank to inhibit further growth.

14. Earl764

Earl764

15. Earl764

Earl764

damm thing keeps eating the link.

this is the model:
    Honeywell HCM350W Germ Free Cool Mist Humidifier White

IHATEPROPANE, bogieb and ivanhoe like this.
  16. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07DFX884Z?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07C96NK8P?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I tried many since I moved here, rh still in single digits and sometimes teens. I have already did the slave role filling two old woodstoves for a year (no furnace in a record cold year), I kid you not , both 5 times a day each =10 minimum, love the pellet stove .... Back to the point, even with an XL whole house console humidifier I was a slave to filling that too. I put up an aquarium that the house sucks humidity from, easier to do 5 gal at a time in the aq than 2 gallons in a small spout or plastic jug in the whole house humidifiers.
    I had pneumonia last January and bought the ones in the links. One for me on my nightstand, kiddo loved it so bought her a similar one in different brand to save a buck. They rock! Vapor sprays high and dense and both have little drawers with disposable cotton pads to use camphor or alkalol or even a cheery oil scent like orange without damaging the ultrasonic vibrator. . I'm defeated humidifying the whole house but in our bedrooms it made a great difference.

17. bogieb

bogieb

I have started leaning toward Air Innovations models that have auto detect and can be programmed to run to a humidity level, or a time (or just left to run as long azz it has water), and has a delay start too. Not sure how the auto detect works as I haven't used that mode (and I think it has to be at least 40%, which is too much for me).

I have an earlier model (MH-509) that works well. It shoots the mist up fairly high and has a disk on top to direct the mist flow. I used it in the living room last year and will move it to my office for this year.

The one I got yesterday is this one (MH-901DA). I had forgotten another thing I like about it (without using it yet) is that it is a top fill model. Although the bottom fill model isn't bad to fill, I can be a spaz and slop water on the floor as I am carrying it to the kitchen sink. The top fill should help me in that regard.

Both of these have permanent ceramic demineralization filters, so just rinse the beads off every once in a while, and they are good to go. The 901DA also has a place to insert aroma pads if desired.

I don't like the wick filters as those are expensive and have to be replaced often - and just look gross if there is iron in the water.

18. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE

I only use the wicking ones now. I think it was two years ago, one of those misting ones must not have been as clean as it should and literally turned into a fireball as soon as I turned it on one night in my daughter's bedroom.
    I got one from home depot that is wicking but a little different design then most I have seen. It works as good as any. Pretty quit on low fan. I think the key is to have them in all the rooms. Trying to do the whole house with a unit or two isn't gonna cut it IMHO. Huge PITA filling them everyday too. Winter blows...yet it is only fall.

ivanhoe, Luneyburg, bogieb and 2 others like this.
  19. badbob

badbob

Boy,(Mame) I can relate!

20. Luneyburg

Luneyburg

Fricking leaves most of the day with a break to load a ton of MWP into the basement, will resume on leaves today but have to give both the stoves a good cleaning and install the circuit board in the P68. The pile in the pic is from just the side yard :( the front yard is 3 times the size and the backyard is 4 times the size a lot of leaves the pile in the pic is about 12' wide 25' long and 4' average height. Wish they had some other value than just composting ! Have to pull the window AC which I have not done yet .....

IMG_0643.jpg IMG_0641.jpg

badbob, eatonpcat, ivanhoe and 6 others like this.