In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. yooperdave

yooperdave

Backwoods Savage

I would like to congratulate you on two things. The first would be getting your glasses repaired and the second would be your successful hunt!!! :yes:

How many days does a deer have to be dead before it's eyes cloud up like that anyway??? :smoke::smoke:

And finally, the ornery one can say to you "nice rack"! :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

2. bogieb

bogieb

3. Warner

Warner

We cook and eat the heart shortly after the kill. It’s just a muscle!

4. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

What? Did you think I shot that buck? :rofl: :lol:

5. Backwoods Savage

That went to the fellow who is helping us. He'll also get a hind quarter and half of the back straps.

6. Horkn

Horkn

Lol.

Did you use your rottiman mask to scare it to death? Looks like it. :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

In all seriousness, is this the last day of bow season in Michigan? My cutting buddy goes north to the UP for their gun deer season, then hunts in Wisconsin for our gun deer season. Thinking the gun deer season on Michigan starts Saturday??

Good work Backwoods Savage

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  7. Erik B

Erik B

I give permission for one of my neighbors to hunt on my land with the understanding if they get a deer, I get the heart. They think that is a fair trade since he doesn't do heart.

8. Backwoods Savage

Gun deer season started yesterday. Bow season ended on 11/14 but will pick up again on 12/1. I got this buck with the rifle. I went back to the 30.30 this year because of less recoil. I normally shoot quite a bit in the fall but this year I shot only twice before season simply because of the pain it causes in both my back and especially my neck. Was not even sure I was going to hunt but it really is difficult not going out at least for opening day. I won't be out there today though as one day sitting is all I can take for a while. Might try again tomorrow but we'll see how the body is doing.

9. Stinny

Stinny

Good mornin folks... the weather guessers are talking about hot water rain Monday, on top of frozen ground... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh... :headbang:... OK... I feel better.
    :coffee:... ahhhhhhh... have a great weekend... :campfire:

10. Gasifier

Gasifier

Time to run to the dump(transfer station) this morning. Then get back to work with the J.D. 310J. The top of the ground should be freezing up nicely with 9F out there. Perfect for moving dirt into those softer places. You folks have a good day today.

11. yooperdave

yooperdave

Deer gun season opens every year for us on the 15th, no matter what day it falls on. Makes for some interesting requests for time off when you have a job!

……...oh yeah...……. I remember those days!

Good luck to you!

12. Horkn

Horkn

For us, the main days off requested are mon-wed of Thanksgiving week, since Thanksgiving Thursday and the Friday are always both off.

Now for me, my wife's birthday is on the 16th, every year, just like Michigan's gun deer starts every year on the 15th. She's not hot on deer hunting, at all, so you can imagine how that goes when her birthday is on opening weekend. :zip:

Good thing there's extra seasons for muzzleloader, or doe hunt only etc...

13. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Pouring rain out there this morning. It supposed to last the weekend. So far our rain this fall has been more of drizzles and sprinkles. We have been spoilt with mostly dry mornings to walk. Went back to bed today and didn't walk.

14. Horkn

Horkn

How far do you typically need to shoot? And what type of gun/ chambered in did you use before? I know a lot of deer, including yours this year, have been taken with a 30/30, but that round has some serious limitations. A lot of semi autos will take away the recoil and allow either more range, or stopping power. My dad found it easier to use a rifle with a pistol grip stock as his ALS progressed. For him every year was us trying to determine what would work for him that year. It wasn't a slow regression, where he could do the same thing every year. We literally would verify what he needed every year about a month before season started. The last year he was around, I was about to either do a gimbal mount or a bipod for him.

15. LinkedXJ

LinkedXJ

I fell through the ceiling in my garage about an hour ago.

Im sore, going to be more sore later im sure.
    I didnt fall out of the attic, a 2x6 joist between the thighs kept me up.

I just finished cutting out the broken stuff, made a rectangle so i can get a piece of sheet rock hung.
    I have a huge mess to clean up in the garage.
    Im resting for now and then im going to start cleaning up and dusting stuff of.

16. Gasifier

Gasifier

Unlike that! Dam. Go easy man. Take your time and have a better rest of the day.

Brandon Scott, bogieb, Horkn and 7 others like this.
  17. LinkedXJ

LinkedXJ

literally broke the 2x6 in half..

This is a rental, and someone previously had some contraption built between the rafters so they could hang something in the garage.
    Im guessing there was some pre existing damage to the 2x6 from all of the bolts and screws that were ran through it.
    I just about broke it into 2, ive got it clamped back into place, im going to laminate both sides of it with 2 2x6's.

I removed 13 randomly cut 2x4's and atleast 40 screws/bolts.

18. LinkedXJ

LinkedXJ

19. lukem

lukem

Garage demo work is done. Just a little wiring to do then insulate, put up OSB on walls and ceiling, build a loft, new windows, and plumb in a heater.

20. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

What, no surprises?!