In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

New Door Knobs

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by Grizzly Adam, May 29, 2014.

  1. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Got some new door knobs that I've been eyeing for my birthday. Mounted right onto our 125 year old doors.

    image.jpg
     
  2. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,749
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    very nice, I have a box of those somewhere in the shop. now I have to go find them. Oh, and Happy Birthday
     
  3. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    New or salvaged? Happy birthday Grizz.
     
  4. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    These were new off of Amazon. They were on my wish list. Thanks for the birthday wishes.
     
  5. ironpony

    ironpony

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,749
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mid Ohio
    mine are salvaged......
     
  6. Woodwidow

    Woodwidow

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    15,531
    Likes Received:
    95,618
    Location:
    Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    Happy Birthday, Grizz.
     
    campinspecter likes this.
  7. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    I wish mine were. This was the best I could find.

    Thanks!
     
  8. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Happy Birthday Mr Grizzly.
     
    Fanatical1 and Grizzly Adam like this.
  9. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Nice job Grizz.
    Just out of curiosity. I'm working on a 1918 balloon framed house, this
    house has all oak doors. I was looking at your door in the pic you posted,
    is that an oak door?
     
  10. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    You bet it is. All oak throughout the house, really looking forward to restoring the dining room floor.
     
    My IS heats my home likes this.
  11. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    damm, I had some old ones sitting around for ever until a year ago when I gave to a fundraiser tag sale. Wish I knew you sooner.
     
    Stinny likes this.
  12. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Thinking the same thing. When we sold the farm in 2007 I found a shoebox full of very old porcelin knobs. They were in pretty good shape.
     
    Paul bunion likes this.
  13. Grizzly Adam

    Grizzly Adam Guest

    Oh well guys, it's not like the ones I have are wearing out-- I just wanted to spruce the place up a bit. I only need another 12 now!
     
    Paul bunion and Stinny like this.