In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

BEWARE Good Old N.J. shines once again.....................

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by rottiman, Oct 31, 2019.

1. rottiman

rottiman

2. yooperdave

yooperdave

.........presumed guilty until proven innocent law.

3. papadave

papadave

Thought police.

4. rottiman

rottiman

N.J. , Maryland and "Red Hot" California leading the pack. Get ready folks, the ballet is only starting..............................

5. unclefess

unclefess Guest

dont forget this hell hole ,i would hate to be left out ,over time you get used to loosing all your rights and having to pay a fee for everything :mad:

6. Sourwood

Sourwood

We have a law that has been in effect for many years. It was created after a man with serious mental illness was returned his firearms after the adjudication of his case. The police had no authority to hold onto them, even though this guy was off his rocker.
    a few days later, he was walking down a city street with an AK, and killed a responding officer. The law is named after that officer.

I insist that my deputies apply this when it is needed. There is a court presentation for the authorization to collect and hold firearms, and a review within a certain time period. We use this in extreme cases.

Regarding comments and concerns of school kids, made by school officials. my general response was to go to the house and talk with everyone to get a better picture. I also explain that this day and age, these issues can't be ignored. Parents understand and most of the time its a trivial matter, and handled as such.

The real concern about heavy-handedness comes from divorce courts, where an overly dramatic person harps about how dangerous the husband is and the court orders the surrender of "all destructive devices" I have actually had guys come to the office to surrender sling shots. Judge explains to me that there are times it was the only way to get the other party to shut up about it, and move the case forward. I am thinking "you're the one in the robe- tell her to shut up and move on".

People need to be vigilant about what is going on in their State. My position is, there are times that a "red flag" law needs to be applied, and law enforcement taking action can make a positive change in the course of events. Sometimes there isn't enough ground to do something and we get the "does someone have to die before......." my answer- "probably".

7. JotulYokel

JotulYokel

I have good friends who are wealthy, and live in a very upscale neighborhood in Los Angeles. Their son attends one of the best, and most Liberal public High Schools in the L.A. area. The son posted pictures of his guns on his Facebook page. Now the kid is 15 and his "guns" are all BB and airsoft guns, but to the untrained eye they look very real. So some other kid at the same High School told the Principal and the Principal kicked my friend's son out of school that same day, and started the process to expell the kid. Luckily my friends have money and they had their lawyer call the Principal and make some very credible legal threats, and the Principal backed down. This happened last year.

Chaz, rottiman, Beetle-Kill and 6 others like this.
  8. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

I'm betting there are many anti-guy people and also commies that are very happy these things are happening.

9. unclefess

unclefess Guest

everyone should worry because at some point something they care about will be on the '' list '' in the last few weeks here i have seen proposals to ban drinking straws, balloons ,plastic bags ( again ) and vaping stuff ,meanwhile the idiots have legalized marijuana and gambling ,as we know those were bad to but i guess they are okay if the state get's a piece , so perhaps we can just tax balloons ,straws ,bags and vaping stuff as long as the state get's in on the action they are okay.

10. eatonpcat

eatonpcat

Vaping is taking a hit everywhere...Don't Vape, Don't Smoke...but I say let people make there own decisions!

I drink to much and am sure there are more alcohol related deaths per day than there are vaping, but since they tax the beeejeesus out of alcohol they let it slide.

Chaz, rottiman, Beetle-Kill and 4 others like this.
  11. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Shows how this country is going downhill...and way too fast.

Chaz, Beetle-Kill, unclefess and 3 others like this.
  12. Sourwood

Sourwood

Bear in mind the presidential candidates who are touting the police coming to get guns, would have no problem with creating an "international well being" excuse and have UN forces do it. If a person really pressed some of these characters you would find they would have no qualms about it. And we know how that would go........

13. billb3

billb3

vote early and vote often

14. unclefess

unclefess Guest

especially if you are illegally in the country :D

15. yooperdave

yooperdave

Thank you Chicago!

16. B.Brown

B.Brown

Oregon has the same law, even a neighbor/former friend, family member, old girl friend, or just some one that don't like you can make a call to the police. A judge with NO, ZERO physiological training at all can make a decision to have all your firearms taken from your house!! Without even knowing you, or seeing you. Just on the basis of possible hear say. The reason the cops come in at night, think about it, you wake up, you might be a little sleepy headed, ''confused'' or what ever. "They'' take this as you possibly being combative and confrontational, angry and ''dangerous''. Good enough for them to take your weapons of self defense, that you keep for your personal and families protection. Be aware of this, its sad to see us going down this road. I should add this as well, if you have watched ANY of the debates, you've seen them TELL US on NATIONAL TV, ''WE WILL COME AND TAKE YOUR AK47's and YOUR AR15's,'' And, from what i've seen, ''they dammed well mean it''. So, its out there, its in the works, remember this.

17. Scotty Overkill

Scotty Overkill Administrator

This, above all else, is the most alarming threat IMO.

Once they start passing our rights in the hands of the UN, you may as well kiss the Constitution goodbye.......

18. unclefess

unclefess Guest

after reading everything above at least one should remember to never keep all your eggs in one basket ,always put a few ''things'' in different places

19. B.Brown

B.Brown

YOUR response is a common sense response, and i agree with you about people needing to be vigilant about whats going on in their state, in this state it was heavy handed, one sided decision and was passed, in a hurry, people who tried to speak against this law were , cut off, shorted time to respond, and it was a done deal. Typical tactics used today from within the government.

20. rottiman

rottiman

Since the election up here is just over, we are bracing for another round of strangulation shortly. Rumor has it of New Zealand style tactics ranging from loss of AR-15's and all handguns right up to ANYTHING semi-auto up to and including hunting rifles and shotguns. It ain't gonna be pretty when it goes down................