I moved some seasoned wood today up north. I had cut, split and stacked this last fall. My awesome neighbor allows me to cut what I need from his stash of log length. I reciprocate with beer or Amazon gift cards. Earlier this morning, I went for a walk up back. I had noticed a birch that had recently died and planned on cutting it down. I saw it was hung up on a pine and really leaning. Two pushes and it came down! I’m no arborist, but figured that hallowed out center had something to do with it. Regardless, cut, moved and stacked in under 30 minutes. Gotta love a gift like that! Not the entire haul, but gives you and idea. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are an archer, save one or two of those hollowed out logs and set one maybe half way to your target and then shoot so the arrow has to go through the log then into the target. Makes for some fun.
Yea , Dead birch most always have rotten or punky centers here. Can be dangerous, tops break out easy. Gotta CSS birch quick, if not , it gets punky fast.