In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Maple grilled/smoked chicken with corn on the cob

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by fishingpol, May 25, 2014.

  1. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    I cooked up a small chicken for lunch today on the Weber grill. I cooked it using a charcoal ring around the outer edge. I tossed in some Norway maple chunks from the tree cut down in our yard earlier from this year.
    I slathered some olive oil with garlic, salt and pepper under the skin and all over the outside. I cooked it pretty slow and added the corn around it after 45 minutes or so. The corn was shucked back and soaked for a little bit ahead of time. I dried it off and slathered a mix of butter, salt, onion powder and parsley and pulled the shucks back up and tied it off.

    IMG_7952.JPG

    I turned the corn every 20 minutes.

    IMG_7957.JPG


    IMG_7958.JPG

    IMG_7959.JPG

    I served it up with store bought potato salad and corn muffins. There was a nice little smoke ring on the breast meat.

    IMG_7963.JPG
     
  2. WeldrDave

    WeldrDave Military Outpost Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,184
    Likes Received:
    56,153
    Location:
    The Communist Socialist Republic of New Jersey
    Oh SWEET! I love it like that!:drool:
     
  3. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Oh man that looks good great! Wearing a bib here to catch my drool!:drool:
     
    fishingpol and WeldrDave like this.
  4. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    yes sir, looking good. Fish I think you live close to me :) I might have to drop by on my way to VT someday.
     
    fishingpol likes this.
  5. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    You all have an open invite to stop in here if you are up this way heading north. Advance notification will get you pizza.:drool:
     
  6. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Wow, that looks gooder enough to eat.:D
     
  7. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Moisterer and gooder for sure.