Left the dock to walleye fish at 11am and by 12:30 we had 11 in the cooler. Ended up with 30 walleye in the cooler and about a dozen bass. Probably threw back about a dozen smaller eyes and ton of white bass. I forgot to snap a picture of the cooler at the end of the day since we were in a rush to get them cleaned before dark. Here is my best one and worst one for the day. The big one was 29".
Looks like a great day. Are those white bass a striped bass hybrid? They have the lateral lines, but a lot plumper.
They probably are hybrids but we have never caught massive ones like we do out of the Ohio river though. There used to be a ton of true white bass in Erie and I'm not sure how they ended up hybrids now but everyone still refers to them as Whit bass. I can say they are definitely not striped bass though.
Here are two more of the ones I caught. One was 23" and the other was 20". Headed out again in a few minutes to take the kids out for a few hours so we will see how that goes.
Successful fishing trip there Cert! Never heard of white bass before.. Is white bass a brackish water fish? Around here we have large and small mouth bass and also calico aka crappie aka rock bass.. I hear walleye are good to eat.. I throw all the bass back and only fish for sport.. Salt water fish I will keep but don't go salt water fishing often.. Love fresh cod and stripers.. Ray