In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. lukem

lukem

'09 F150. Apparently I'm not the first guy to have this happen according to the interwebs. I'm not sure why this would happen...other than too much amperage getting drawn.

2. lukem

lukem

Fuel pump jumper harness? You think that's where I have a short?

3. Warner

Warner

There is a dealer bulletin to install this kit when the fuse melts for the pump it’s a different style fuse. I’ve installed many.

I believe resistance at the fuse connection in the box causes it to melt but they never really tell us.

4. lukem

lukem

Cool. Thanks for the good info.

5. lukem

lukem

Local dealer has the part in stock. Pick it up Saturday when I get home and swap it in. Any special tools required?

6. Warner

Warner

No special tools needed

7. wildwest

wildwest Moderator

Are you traveling with your new job?

8. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

So I got off work at 12, went to the DMV 10-15 Mins away to renew my license. But after waiting almost 3 hours, thankfully mom was available to text so I didn't go insane. I'm told I need external proof to change my address. A bill, what have you. No way around that. So I tried to make it to the bank at the mall and get a statement, which I did but due to construction on both the 4-5 lane main artery the mall is on, and on the mall itself. Parked a minutes walk from the bank but the construction forced me to take maybe a 10 minute detour on foot to get to the bank and back to the car. So I wouldn't quite have made it back to the DMV before they closed the door. So now I'm going to go to the DMV tomorrow about a half hour from home and hope it's quicker. I'm bringing a book in case.

Just needed to fill out a form to change my medical care card, so why would you think you'd need anything else for a drivers license. I hate the government.

9. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Good info! :yes: :handshake:
    I had something similar happen on my 03 F250 SD...but it was the fuse that powered the dash (among other things) turned out the fuse block was bad internally, just for that circuit...I just ran an aftermarket fuse holder externally for the fix...3 years now, so far so good. The only thing bad was that the mileage didn't record for the few months that it wasn't working...oh well, so it has a couple thousand more miles that it shows, whoop de doo...not selling anytime soon anyways. :)

10. Warner

Warner

It was very common for the relay that runs the fuel pump to crap out in those years. It’s integral to the fuse box, replaced a bunch of them. Driving down the road the truck would stall, wack the fuse box a couple times and shed fire right up. Never really thought about running an external part. Clever

11. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Deer season just around the corner. I have this one creepin around 27465.jpeg

12. lukem

lukem

Yes, I knew when I signed on I'd have one big project requiring a lot of travel for a few months. I'm almost at the end of it. Big robotics project going live.

13. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Hmm...more good info! Might hafta consider carrying a spare relay...I know that was something that was an issue on the '88-'91 F series too...the relay was in the box under the hood...would go bad and/or bad connection where it plugged in...same deal though, get out and slap it around a little, often fire right up then.

14. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Those are air conditioning temps!

15. bogieb

bogieb

To change my license I had to bring in an electric bill (or some other bill) with the new address on it. Pretty standard to do that here in the States.

16. Warner

Warner

Unfortunately the relay isn’t serviceable.

17. Warner

Warner

Will need more info for the new “real Id” for 2020, no?

18. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

I understand it to some degree, but after not needing it for another government service of equal or greater importance, you wouldn't figure. Bank teller who I know well said they've given out tons of statements like I got for that reason and Noone came back, so hopefully no problem.

19. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Well that's fun! :picard: ;) :rofl: :lol:

20. Gasifier

Gasifier

Working on a few projects around the property on my days off and getting a lot done before the “cooler” weather sets in. Have had some beautiful weather here. Great for working in.

And relaxing....:whistle:
    F7B41BB5-2235-42D7-9E52-36E89B1FA3E8.jpeg