In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Spinner and punch mount idea

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by B.Brown, Sep 6, 2019.

1. B.Brown

B.Brown

Well i found me a used punch, and spinner for taking apart saw chains and putting them back together again. But, didn't want to tie up anymore of my bench by mounting them on it. So, took a piece of angle iron, and mounted both of them on that, and i put that in my vice tighten it down and i can take it out of the vice and put it away if i need the vice. Only used a 10'' piece of heavy angle measured 6'' x 3'' and about 1/2'' thick, turned out great, could have went longer, like 12'' but, this will work fine. i'll post a picture a little later on its super sturdy and i've got the spinner mounted so the chain will loop around one end out of the way. Think its going to work out great.

2. B.Brown

B.Brown

image.jpeg image.jpeg Here's a couple of pictures of how I mounted them. It might look a little close, but, its actually not that bad, and it works great. I've got my Oregon chain sharpener set up almost like this, except its mounted on a small board, with a 2x4 under it to put it in the vice also. Works good that way as well.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019