I have to really laugh at myself. No danger of fire, but I came home late last night to the convection blower running, and the stove on shutdown from being out of pellets. Instead of being smart and throwing a handful in the burn pot, and throwing a bucket of pellets in the auger, I just filled the hopper and pressed start. Twice it went out on delayed ignition why they auger was priming itself. On the third attempt it took off with balls of fury. I had so much fire, and the stove got so hot, it smelled like a new stove getting cured. After about 10 minutes the pellets burned down, and I had to air the stink out of the house, and change my pants. It scared the hell out of me. Note to self, never do that again!
Glad your o.k... Large flames in a unit that normally have small flames are not fun. At All!! Quadrafires have a scary start up if they have to go through the process twice, or Hot! Because they sense the heat with a thermocouple, if that thermocouple is still warm from the last call for heat? The flame sounds like a freight train!! Very scary the 1st time you witness it.
Ahh...Let the wife wash them...You know, To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for ... This would be the worse!!
"To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for dirtier or cleaner...."
Is that like when you get older and the doctor tells you he needs a stool and urine sample, so you take off your underwear and hand it to him!