Correct and yes those secondary air tubes make for an interesting show inside the firebox when they’re firing off :thumbs: My stove is a Lopi...
I cooked my turkey last year with mostly apple wood plus some hickory and cherry. Great stuff :yes: The bulk of my apple wood (3/4 cord) will go...
39 and dropping quickly. I just threw a split of spruce on a coal bed of apple, aspen and birch. Week 3 of burning and I haven’t had to clean out...
Here’s what I have immediately outside my back door. It was already here at the house when I bought it so I put it right to use. [ATTACH]
One year later, I’m giving this thread a bump :thumbs: Here’s a few splits from this orchard score, which I’ll be giving to my uncle for cooking...
The first layer was the paver base, which is a mix of 3/4 stone and stone dust:...
Do you have a machine to make your own and the filter tubes to go with it? A large bag of tobacco in the freezer will keep for a long time. I did...
A breezy 30 degrees with a projected overnight low of 23. Black birch and aspen coals doing more than enough to keep us warm this evening....
I’m glad they included Hawaii on that map :whistle: I’ll bet they nail that forecast!
I feel now is a good time to set the record straight on this thread. I care about accuracy more than narrative (like some outfits do) ;) so I’m...
Seeing this just gave me goosebumps... I can only imagine what it means to you. :usa:
I remember how expensive those "all natural" American Spirit cigarettes were 10 years ago. They've got to be well over $15 a pack now. Not to...
I’ve only burned dead locust without bark but did notice last year it had a tendency to crackle and throw sparks a bit. I can live with that given...
I smoked for 10 years. It took plenty of attempts and failures before I was finally able to kick it for good. First, what *didn’t* work for me:...
For giggles I wanted to see where you were located on a map. The picture that popped up when I put the cursor over your town seemed relevant to...
[ATTACH]
I’m going to go with red (soft) maple. The bark varies quite a bit with age and location but I’ve seen plenty that looked like that.
Thanks. It’s just how things are. I stopped beating myself up over never measuring up a long time ago. Otherwise it would’ve gotten the best of...
Stacks look good, and I’m sure you’re thrilled to be back at it again. As someone who also has plenty of metal inside him, keep moving forward and...
I could pass on red oak if it’s not especially convenient... but I’d go spelunking in a cave if there was a hoard of chestnut oak down there :thumbs: