Love my stick welder, its a DC unit (started out on DC at work) and love the versatility of it, thin (right rod and skill), thick, dirty, rusty,...
Do you guys have both Green and White Ash?
"Of the total energy content of the wood you burn, about half is in the form of smoke, and half is charcoal."
Thats what I did more or less, if I had to do it over again I would have just went with a well insulated house, the south windows with below zero...
Hard to believe, its easy to assume its because of the brain dead, wet wood, smoldering fools who think they know what they are doing.
All I was saying its really easy to start a fire with kindling and dont see the need for fire starters.
Hell I dont need a wood stove at all I could just install a gas stove.:headbang:
"If I could turn back time" would have bought a BKK.
Really?
Just for fun I will say I miss the punch my old Nashua had, I wish I would have bought a new stove with the same size firebox as the old one.:(
The bark on your Mulberry Ralph does not look like the bark on the Mulberry here in Iowa, looks more like the bark in Hellbent's picture.
I have a box and dont use them, bought them for the wife, I dont need them. Certain times of the year I start fires twice a day from scratch,...
You missed my point Mike.
Dont get much better then that!
Like I said "unless you are hung up on numbers", and if you are then gas is your best bet.
Dont have a cat and never use shiny colored paper or any wood with glue involved, as far as easier I don't think it gets much easier then what I...
Newspapers and split construction lumber for me, not sure why fire starters are needed.
Really dont think you need to upgrade to a newer stove (unless you are hung up on numbers), good burning practices are a must though, easy to...
Point well taken, blindly defending wood burning will get you no where, best to know where you stand when the facts start to fly.
After spending 3 years with a stove that did not work well at all (it was pretty) looks are not important to me any more, stove could be uglier...