In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Those of you with back issues..

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by LinkedXJ, Aug 15, 2019.

1. LinkedXJ

LinkedXJ

Have you ever had your nerve endings burnt?

What am i looking at getting my self into?

I go in on the 29th for the procedure..
    Stuff scares me... flat out.

2. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

No, but what is this procedure for, or to cure?

Edit: I see the title lists "back issues"

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

3. LinkedXJ

LinkedXJ

This is getting done to help with arthritis. Im not even 30 years old yet...

After this, we get to work on a bulging disc.

4. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

I was thinking you weren't that old especially when I saw it was for back.

But you never know what people did in a previous life. For all I know you could of been a veteran jumping out of planes or getting blown up in the sand box a decade ago? This is why I didn't make an age comment.

5. ABOrman

ABOrman

I have a friend that has that done about every 6 months. Without it he can barely stand. With it he can work at the co op about 20 hrs a week. They won’t do that for me..and the epidurals only last a week or so.at 46 the only thing wwe have found that work for arthritis is Meloxicam and sunshine.i hate hot sweaty days but man that sun feels great.

Wood always heats you twice, unless you rehandle like I do then it’s four or five times!

clemsonfor, MikeyB, Midwinter and 3 others like this.
  6. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

It is called a rhizotomy and there is not much to be concerned with except for your purse strings. I've had 3 of them so far and one in particular worked wonders. The others only partially. However, it is still a temporary fix and what length of time you get relief is unknown because it is different with different people.

It can be redone, but why would it need to be done again? Because it does somewhat the same thing as what happened with polio. With polio, nerves were killed but in most cases the nerves simply grew new branches. Picture nerve endings like the roots of a tree. A root then many branches off that main root. Some quit working so in time new ones will sprout. (This is why some folks who were cripple, like me, regained use of some muscles that had quit working. New nerve endings.)

As for the procedure, they usually offer sedation but I do not need that as there is very little discomfort during the procedure and the procedure does not take very long at all. You can walk out on your own power.

Good luck.

7. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

I was scheduled to have it done, after my sister had two. My surgeon at that time was from Sweeden and suggested Rolfing and that worked so well for me I didn't have the rhizotomy..

Rolfing is basically technique where they stretch your joints and vertebrae.

8. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

Hmm Tell is more.

9. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

Okay let me try that again. Tell us more Lyle. I’ve never heard of this Rolfing.

10. JustWood

JustWood Guest

I had a lot of back and joint pain 5-6 years ago. I have blood work every 6 months and started paying closer attention to results. Was low on zinc and started taking supplements along with some natural supplements for circulation . What a difference !
    Hydration also helps with joint and muscle pain. I don't think a person can drink enough water to stay healthy.

Moparguy, thewoodlands, Chaz and 7 others like this.
  11. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

Interesting info sir. How did you determine which supplements to take for your back? I am very interested in any information you have.:handshake:

12. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

A doctor would of gone over the blood tests and told him what he needed.

13. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

He obviously must have a better doctor than mine.:picard:

14. LinkedXJ

LinkedXJ

yeah i had blood work done about 2 months ago. Only thing that was brought up was my cholesterol.

15. Canadian border VT

Canadian border VT

Sorry guys couple nights a week we shut off phones and have family time. There are different levels of Rolfing, the more advanced technique that I used. The practitioner used what I call the rack and basically could pull on joints while he massage ligaments..

ReelFaster, Chaz, brenndatomu and 3 others like this.
  16. clemsonfor

clemsonfor

Or you had different blood tests (panels) that checked for different things maybe? Blood work costs crazy amounts of money, like up into the thousands of dollars for lab work, so it could be that your insurance didn't cover certain stuff (or if you don't have it he opted for a less thorough test to save money) he might have run a less comprehensive test??

I am just guessing, I by no means am in the medical field. But I have had my share of blood work over the years.

Chaz, brenndatomu, Chvymn99 and 3 others like this.
  17. Farmchuck

Farmchuck

Probably everything you mentioned.

18. In the Pines

In the Pines

I had to quit taking meloxicam because it was reacting with the Sun. Made me sweat like crazy too.
    Last summer wasn't too bad besides the sweat but this year when working outside my skin felt like it was right next to one of those radiant heaters.
    Just felt like it was burning. It didn't help much with my sciatica/disc problems either really. Another side affect of it funny enough is lower back pain.
    The exact thing it was supposed to be helping. So I have since stopped taking it and now just eat ibuprofen and a vicodin when doing heavy lifting or walking alot.
    No insurance so it's about the best that can work for now.

Chaz, Midwinter, Chvymn99 and 3 others like this.
  19. ABOrman

ABOrman

Feel for ya, yes the sweating and the instant heat stroke ain’t fun. It does help with my thoracic arthritis, and with the hands and shoulders. But ya makes it feel like your on the surface f the sun.
    Ironically the sun makes it feel better also lol.

Wood always heats you twice, unless you rehandle like I do then it’s four or five times!

Chaz, brenndatomu, Chvymn99 and 3 others like this.
  20. Chazsbetterhalf

Chazsbetterhalf

I go through the VA and I go see the doc for routine visit every 6 months. Have blood work done every time. Last visit my folic acid was on the low side so she has me taking that now. But the only thing I pay for is a sm copay for the visit. I am blessed when it comes to medical.

clemsonfor, Chaz, brenndatomu and 5 others like this.