In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

What's up today (bullchiting) thread.

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Gasifier, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Brandon Scott

Brandon Scott

On the other side of the garden. I have a 3/4 horsepower submersible pump in the lake which runs water to the garden shed for watering everything. It helps with fire insurance too because the local “chimney savers” are so far away.

2. Thor

Thor

5 bucks at the Wal-Mart. It's killing it.

0725191740.jpg

3. Chaz

Chaz

:rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

Well, for an extra Dollar, it better run gooder.
    :thumbs:

4. Gasifier

Gasifier

:rofl: :lol::thumbs:

5. Gasifier

Gasifier

Worked a couple hours of O.T. early this morning. Then took a nap because I was up 3/4 of the night not being able to fall asleep. Seems I got into something while moving hay or while mowing the trails through the thick stuff overhanging from the trees. Broke out in something on my neck.:picard:Anywho, after a nap I helped my son get his four wheeler running again by showing him how to change the spark plug, clean the air filter, and we made sure the battery was fully charged. Running better now.

Then we went for a ride through the trails. Good times.

Wifey made me get cleaned up though because I was taking her out for dinner. Restaurant down by the water, cold beer, flatbread buffalo chicken pizza! :)
    What? I have to eat pizza occasionally ya know.:D

6. Chaz

Chaz

The things one has to suffer.
    :eek::picard:

:thumbs:

7. Horkn

Horkn

Doc got me into the office earlier than expected. Glad she did. Doc's got me on meds now. Hopefully this takes care of it. The other Dr had me taking 1800 mg of ibuprofen a day, and my doctor said that ibuprofen was making my ankles worse.

Happy Friday Eve!

8. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    We looked at a lot of these today. Tomorrow we are going out on a hike to see where they came from.

100_5108.JPG

9. Beetle-Kill

Beetle-Kill

Those traps are fricken awesome ! But, a word of caution....
    They're stinky if the attractant is exposed. The attractant in fluid form, if spilled on a wood deck, will remain stinky even after repeated washings. Bears like these things.
    So,...
    They work great until a bear finds them. A bear will find them, so don't place them where you don't want a bear to go. It's not an 'if", it's a given- the bear will find it, rip it apart, spray and eat it's contents, and then go from there. Yeah, I've had bears again, getting tired of them already and have 3 months to go.

But, those "Rescue" Fly Traps are great, they really work well. !

10. Midwinter

Midwinter

11. lukem

lukem

Back home for a few days. I need to stop going out of town because every time I leave something breaks. This week the starter went out on the mower and the garage door opener. Both were cheap fixes, but annoying nonetheless. The week before the AC/Heat blower on my truck would only work on 1 and 4 setting. I'm sure it was something else before that.

I don't know how people who can't fix anything themselves survive. I spent $70 on a new starter (could have had it rebuilt for less but didn't have time) and $18 on parts (new main drive gear assembly) for the GDO. When I called locally for the mower they wanted $239 for the starter, and I'd probably guess $100 for labor to swap the part. Replacing the GDO yourself or calling in a repair would have been an easy $200...probably more. The truck needed a new resistor for $12. I'm sure that would have been a $100 bill to take it to a mechanic.

I'm not a mechanic, but this stuff was simple and I saved at least $450 for a couple hours of my time. I don't know about y'all but that's more than I make in my day job per hour. All I needed was a couple wrenches, a screwdriver, and a couple YouTube videos.

12. brenndatomu

brenndatomu

Truth!
    I make decent money...and DIY almost everything (99.x %)...spend frugally...and still not "rolling in it".
    I have thought to myself many times "I dunno how people that can't/won't DIY get by"! :bug:

13. Woodwidow

Woodwidow

Port McNeill, BC Northern Vancouver Island
    A lot of good stuff goes to the dump because repairing can cost more that buying another one. Simple things like clothes repairs have almost disappeared because new items are cheaper and people don't seem to have the skills to repair.

14. Mwalsh9152

Mwalsh9152

I finally got the mower fixed after the trifecta of breakdowns last attempt resulted in a carb issue. Last week of July and I just mowed for the second time. LOL

15. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

Another load of water. Our water was supposed to be tested again at the end of june, still no word....

20190726_163935.jpg

16. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

X3

17. TrinitySouth99

TrinitySouth99

18. Horkn

Horkn

Got the truck full of gas, it took 31.5 gallons, so it was pretty close to empty, but had a little more than the 37 miles left to empty that the 'puter said. The remaining 4.5 gallons went into a can for the boat tomorrow. Gotta love the fuel perks that take off 30-60¢ per gallon up to 35 g.

Then I washed the truck. All set for tow duty.

Right after work,I took the ariens gt17 to my buddy's place to r&r the flywheel side seal ( again).

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  19. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Thats one thing I wished I had with my truck was the bigger tank. My truck only has the 23 gallon tank... But we only get discounts on the fuel upto 20 gallons around here....

20. Chvymn99

Chvymn99 Moderator

Good morning... :coffee:....