In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pallets no mo...Rail Rack 2.0 in place

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by Ashwatcher, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Ashwatcher

Ashwatcher

2. Ashwatcher

Ashwatcher

3. Ashwatcher

Ashwatcher

2F4568F9-48D0-4D72-A83D-5116E6DA5916.jpeg 622AD5E9-7EBC-4B90-930A-B068AB9419A0.jpeg FBFFA069-216C-4DE7-8757-7A7AC2F059C0.jpeg Notice 2 RR ties at end of full rack ready to provide relief for basod ’s block in the center for added support when I empty the rack this time to move to shed...its held up well-That rack is holding 1.67 cord, 2.0 is slightly shorter at @ 32’

RDG, Nick&Lissa, Skier76 and 30 others like this.
  4. papadave

papadave

But, it looks so lonely sitting there with no firewood on it.
    I'm sure you have the solution though.

5. jrider

jrider

Well that won’t rot

6. Ashwatcher

Ashwatcher

I do papadave and no excuse not to get out and get after it...you guys prob wouldn’t accept that its hotter than the hubs of Heydes here would you? :picard:

7. Ashwatcher

Ashwatcher

Welcome Prairiefire , you’re gonna like it here, I guarantee it! We like pics, dogs and beer and spending your money to obtain any accoutrements you may require to support your addiction, er, I meant hoard. Its really easy, anything you want or need to enhance your hoard, just ask-we will support you fully,,,,its really that easy! Seriously, lots of great folks here willing to lend advice or a hand wherever possible. Nice to meet you :handshake:

8. NH mountain man

NH mountain man

Looking gooder Ashwatcher , those stacks sure get plenty of sun for quick drying. I'm with you on not doing much in the woods, or heavy handling of future fuel in this heat. The wood can wait till it gets cooler, stay hydrated my friend!

9. Eric VW

Eric VW Moderator

10. ReelFaster

ReelFaster

Fine looking racks you got there that are gonna last a very long long time!!! Also some beautiful looking country as well :thumbs:

11. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Moderator

Nice Ashwatcher and I agree; stay away from pallets if you can. I've never liked them and have seen more than one sprained ankle from stepping on a pallet. Besides, they really do look awful. Well, they really don't look too bad when stacked on the brush pile.

BCB, T.Jeff Veal, Farmchuck and 7 others like this.
  12. Ashwatcher

Ashwatcher

Thanks all and additionally Sir Backwoods Savage , the rotting and constantly having to move them out when they do poses a great risk of losing some nails and then picking them up on mower tires

13. Ralphie Boy

Ralphie Boy

Ashwatcher where are you scoring rail? I've always though it would be great for firewood stacking. just never found a source.

Chaz, T.Jeff Veal, Midwinter and 4 others like this.
  14. NH mountain man

NH mountain man

And in today's breaking news, a freight train derailed in the local area. Initial reports are coming in that a few sections of track appear to be missing. Stayed tuned for the latest updates............:whistle: :rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

RabbleRouser, MikeInMa, Chaz and 12 others like this.
  15. Ashwatcher

Ashwatcher

Hey Ralphie Boy , I hope this finds you well....a coal train used to run by the property back when I was a small child and was removed-I built my house on a foundation that once was the sight of a Columbia Gas Field office that my grandfather was the regional superintendent over and they had a pipe yard and the rails have been here, along with the pipe remaining that the one stack is on for over 40 yrs-my best guesstimate is the track was removed @ 1970 or so-I was young and remember throwing rocks at the train (not the engineer)-Its now a publicly traveled road that splits the south eastern side of my property

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Nick&Lissa, Chaz, Loon and 9 others like this.
  16. Ashwatcher

Ashwatcher

I have a new IPhone that has a panoramic photo option thats pretty cool and I’m still learning it but I have a pic thats pretty neat and it wont seem to load, saying an error occurs-Its an IPhone XR and I’m trying to send from a newer IPad Pro-any of you more technically savvy guys have a clue how to get it to post?

Chaz, Loon, T.Jeff Veal and 6 others like this.
  17. Ashwatcher

Ashwatcher

Hey sir-I hope you and all are well and your summer is enjoyable-those pics were taken starting @ 9am and my stacks will receive sun until it sets-single row, 9” of the ground and facing south does indeed accelerate drying time-I will apply rubber roofing to that which is not currently covered @ Nov 1. Happy hoarding my friend!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Chaz, T.Jeff Veal, Midwinter and 5 others like this.
  18. billb3

billb3

The file size is probably too big. Apparently the forum has a limitation on file sizes and you get a rather cryptic error message at upload.
    This site (even though they are hawking their APP ) has instructions with pics how to use the photos APP to email the pic to yourself to compress the file size. There's no way in the camera APP to adjust picture size.
    3 Ways to Make iPhone Photos Smaller (iOS 12 Supported)

scroll down to Method 2:
    Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 4.59.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 5.07.30 AM.png

If you already know how to send a pic to somebody via email, you're just sending it to yourself to get a copy with a smaller file size. I don't know which file size you need to pick when you get the choice.

emailing files to yourself comes in handy when you don't have a data cable or flash drive or use a lot of apps

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Chaz, T.Jeff Veal, Midwinter and 7 others like this.
  19. NH mountain man

NH mountain man

I speak perfectly good English billb3 , but I still don't know what you just said.:doh::rofl: :lol::rofl: :lol:

20. trail twister

trail twister

I would think the RR would be highly ticked off on your approting the rails from their line.

:D Al