So I had one of those days yesterday - snakes everywhere I turned. Started getting the pool cover off - small water snake taking advantage of the tadpoles he was set over in the woods - but is back in the pool today. As I was cleaning off the bat poop under the gazebo a~ 5' shed caught my eye from the old speaker box, started checking the tail scales and figured it's just rat snake, no big deal until he pokes his head out of the box - jumped a bit Then found a larger shed over the handrail - not sure what it was Then going up to the garage to get the drill I see a head sticking off the porch - a triangular head...stopped informed GF to hold the dogs and got the shovel. It was a small 1' timber rattler the kind that will kill small dogs and/or send you to the ER in a world of trouble. Sorry should have got some pics but dang 4 snakey encounters in the course of an hour