In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Vhs to Thread on Hoarders ?

Discussion in 'The DIY Room' started by campinspecter, Oct 21, 2013.

  1. campinspecter

    campinspecter

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,684
    Likes Received:
    12,236
    I have about 33 minutes of VHS tape of the loader pictured in my avatar at work . o_OI would like to break it into 2 segments for two threads but do not know where to begin!:confused:
    Any suggestions on where to start ?:emb:
     
  2. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    Do you need the title fixed it makes no sense CI ?

    I don't know how to convert VHS sorry.
     
  3. campinspecter

    campinspecter

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,684
    Likes Received:
    12,236

    Please do I realized the error after I did the post .
     
  4. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    There ya go ;)
     
  5. Scotty Overkill

    Scotty Overkill Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2013
    Messages:
    9,777
    Likes Received:
    66,336
    Location:
    Central PA
    There are businesses out there that can convert VHS to DVD and also to MPEG (digital format), maybe look in your area to find someone, Allan.....
    It's pretty affordable, too. Probably only a couple bucks. When you DO get them converted to a digital format, let me know and we'll give you a hand at uploading them......
     
    NortheastAl likes this.
  6. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    I had 2 VHS tapes (roughly 2 hrs each) of the tour group I was with in Germany for 10 days in Fall 1997.Only watched it a couple times,didn't want to have them go bad since tapes have a limited shelf life.Costco converted them in summer 2012 to DVD ( 2 copies each in a special sale) for just under 30 bucks.Took about a week turnaround,even got the old tapes back which I recorded over later on.
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  7. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
  8. reckless

    reckless

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    428
    Likes Received:
    684
  9. campinspecter

    campinspecter

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,684
    Likes Received:
    12,236