In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Dead Elm?

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, Oct 21, 2013.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    This is across from the hanging birch, looks dead to me.:axe:
     

    Attached Files:

    NortheastAl likes this.
  2. Gary_602z

    Gary_602z

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,464
    Likes Received:
    12,340
    Location:
    Lake Odessa, Michigan
    Yep sure looks like it. Once it hits the ground all the little stuff will break up and you will have easy cutting.

    Gary
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  3. concretegrazer

    concretegrazer

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,429
    Likes Received:
    12,455
    Location:
    Southwest MO
    Looks like it from here. GIBIR:tree:
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  4. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Gary, I'll bring the splitting maul with me, I'll find out real quick.

    CCG, plenty of that GIBIR wood around, mother nature makes sure of that.
     
  5. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    GIBIR, now that brings back memories! Definitely looks dead, can't id species.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  6. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,192
    Location:
    Central MI
    Well zap, if it isn't dead, it is half naked and that should count for something. :thumbs:
     
  7. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    :rofl: :lol:
    Your on a roll tonight Dennis been tipi g the bottle ? :rofl: :lol:
     
  8. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    Even if it's dead, it's Elm! Lotsa splitting time to get it done. :mad: Still, nice wood and burns hot.
     
  9. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,983
    Likes Received:
    312,192
    Location:
    Central MI
    Only cider Pete. Only cider.

    Tomorrow is the big day for the little one. Send her our best again. Take good care of her Pete. You have a keeper there.
     
    thewoodlands and Pallet Pete like this.
  10. Pallet Pete

    Pallet Pete Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    13,479
    Likes Received:
    54,102
    Location:
    Ovid
    I will Dennis thanks !
     
    Backwoods Savage likes this.
  11. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Definitely shedding it's bark like it's Elm. Either way it's a bunch of btu's. I have an Elm that I will be getting here in a week or two and it's gonna be a bear to get to.
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  12. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    I might get this on the weekend or maybe even Friday, I have another top of a red maple just across & up from this I need to get.