In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Pork Ribs in the little Brinkmann

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by thistle, May 10, 2014.

  1. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    Nothing special,just a simple dry rub that I use most of the time,smoked over a mix of Black Cherry,Apple & White Oak.

    Black Cherry soda too!
     

    Attached Files:

    • 037.JPG
      037.JPG
      File size:
      169 KB
      Views:
      3
    • 038.JPG
      038.JPG
      File size:
      129.3 KB
      Views:
      3
    • 024.JPG
      024.JPG
      File size:
      164.9 KB
      Views:
      3
    Chvymn99, basod, HittinSteel and 10 others like this.
  2. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    Pork and beans. Nice.
     
  3. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    I saw the word Brinkmann and I knew I had to take a look. The food threads are incredible here, and Thistle did not disappoint....looking good.
    Now, whats in the bottle??
     
  4. RockyMtnHigh

    RockyMtnHigh

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2014
    Messages:
    641
    Likes Received:
    1,130
    Location:
    Bailey, Colorado
    I love some long slow cooked pork! Looks fantastic!
     
  5. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    If that is smoked corn, that I'm sure is fantastic too.
     
  6. cwn877

    cwn877

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,174
    Likes Received:
    4,542
    Location:
    Central Pa
    Do you give out the recipe for the dry rub?
     
  7. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Oh man, that looks great Thistle!
     
  8. thistle

    thistle

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    2,736
    Likes Received:
    9,757
    Location:
    Polk/Guthrie Counties,IA
    Just one that's in a Kansas City BBQ Society Cookbook that's over 25 yrs old....
    Have used/thought up others but this is the one I seem to go back to every time

    Just a basic dry rub,nice thing you can vary the quantities to make a double batch,it stores well in a glass jar with threaded lid.Just give it a shake when you want to use it,the sugar will stick a bit over time.

    Once in a while I use other rubs,add various herbs etc its a good base to start with.

    2 cups sugar
    1/4 cup mild paprika
    2 teaspoons mild chile powder (the no salt variety)
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
    1/2 cup salt
    2 teaspoons fine ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon garlic powder

    Combine all ingredients in a glass jar with threaded lid.Roll it around,give it several shakes until well mixed.

    Yields about 3 cups.
     
  9. RockyMtnHigh

    RockyMtnHigh

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2014
    Messages:
    641
    Likes Received:
    1,130
    Location:
    Bailey, Colorado
    That's pretty much exactly what I do aside from adding a bit of Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning, good basic tried and true rub!
     
  10. cwn877

    cwn877

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    1,174
    Likes Received:
    4,542
    Location:
    Central Pa
    Awesome thanks I'm going to try it.
     
  11. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Yummmmmmm! Damm
     
  12. Certified106

    Certified106

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2013
    Messages:
    4,172
    Likes Received:
    11,912
    Location:
    In The Hills
    Looks GREAT