In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

After Cleaning.............

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by thewoodlands, May 5, 2014.

  1. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    the saws up from yesterday then sharpening the chains, I went for a ride, I just had to look for more wood in this area I don't get back to very much.

    The first three pictures are from the ravine, 9095 is white pine, 96 is a nice cherry, the rest are cherry with a not so good maple, I better get my azz going.
     

    Attached Files:

    Gasifier and HoneyFuzz like this.
  2. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    This goes with 9100.
     

    Attached Files:

    Gasifier and HoneyFuzz like this.
  3. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    Lots of wood ready to go. I hope you can go easy and enjoy the getting, while you take in that beautiful spot. Nice shots of the moon too.
     
    HoneyFuzz, papadave and Fanatical1 like this.
  4. Fanatical1

    Fanatical1

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2014
    Messages:
    2,688
    Likes Received:
    12,293
    Location:
    Ohio
    Those cherry's are really going to make some nice firewood. I would be all over those. :yes: I always hate to lose a cherry tree, but they sure make nice firewood.

    Quite a bit of wood too. :)
     
    HoneyFuzz and Stinny like this.
  5. GrJfer

    GrJfer

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2014
    Messages:
    2,159
    Likes Received:
    14,075
    Location:
    The Woods of Arkansas
    Some may see all that as work. I see it as a day of enjoying nature, with some great btu's ahead
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  6. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Zap, you must put some crazy mileage on your 4 wheeler. I like 93 a lot, great shot. The downed trees all look like manageable sizes, no monsters. How far away is this area?
     
    HoneyFuzz and thewoodlands like this.
  7. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Our lot I cut on is about 1/4 of a mile from the house, after that you start putting on some mileage.
     
  8. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    You're correct Stinny, just got to get what I can when I can.
    Fan, it seems the Cherry take the worst hit on our property from the wind events or ice storms, I'm not sure how much is there but my plan is to get the biggest ones first, after I clear a trail.
    GrJfer, it's all part of owning property, we usually burn 3 cord of Cherry per year along with some better hardwood.
    My Oslo, the Rhino gets used every week/weekend, I'm not sure on the mileage (over 3000?) it's a perfect fit for the width of the smallest trails heading up some hills. The Rhino got replaced by the Viking, which I think is wider. I'll be working on that Cherry on the hill today but once that's done, we have some downed Beech that's up next.
     
    My IS heats my home and Stinny like this.
  9. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    Cherry :) :thumbs:
     
    thewoodlands likes this.
  10. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Nice work woodlands!
     
  11. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    HoneyFuzz, Mother Nature puts it on the ground, we will take it.
    Gasifier, I just opened up a trail through that area last spring, blocked off again. I stopped by the WCS this morning for some stuff I needed, that Oregon looks like a well built splitter, they had the motor covered so I never got a look at that.
     
    HoneyFuzz likes this.
  12. Gasifier

    Gasifier

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    20,495
    Likes Received:
    104,020
    Location:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, NY
    Hmmm. Check my thread out! :D
     
  13. thewoodlands

    thewoodlands

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    15,040
    Likes Received:
    62,334
    Ok.