In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

WWFHCD?

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Jack Straw, Feb 16, 2019.

  1. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    The neighbor’s tree (which is on the property line) fell down last week. It’s was a Poplar, popple or Aspen depending on where you live. It made a big mess. As most of our brothers and sisters here on FHC would do I offered to clean up the mess since I have the equipment. The neighbor said I could have the wood but I know they have a firepit so I cut them up a nice size pile. The interesting thing is that Backwoods Savage and I were talking about how rotten the trees were on the property line last year when he was here. Well Dennis 1 came down and there are 3 closer to the road that will be falling down soon.
    Here are the after pics.
    6B749C9B-8677-4FBE-9D56-BFB717076B7F.jpeg

    8493C579-127A-4489-B92B-D88F6B94C1EE.jpeg
    24032568-78B3-4C01-B8DF-40A8DFE38671.jpeg
     
  2. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    Oh yes, I remember! Really nice of you too to leave them some wood for their firepit. No two ways about it lad, you have class! :thumbs:
     
  3. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    They are great neighbors, I have to take good care of them!:thumbs:
     
  4. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,453
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Yes, you have to take care of good neighbors.

    Good job!
     
  5. XXL

    XXL

    Joined:
    Dec 28, 2014
    Messages:
    2,935
    Likes Received:
    15,702
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    Good Stuff! Love poplar for camp fires. Dries quick, burns with a nice flame and without a lot of heat and it doesn't snap, pop and throw sparks like pine, spruce and balsam.
     
  6. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,479
    Likes Received:
    113,743
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Good neighbors are hard to find... keep them happy and you’ll be rewarded....
     
  7. Canadian border VT

    Canadian border VT

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2015
    Messages:
    19,635
    Likes Received:
    130,576
    Location:
    Vermont
  8. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    No it was Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:sleeping:
     
  9. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,979
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
  10. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Take care of them neighbors... they have to put up with you running around the woods in your birthday suit... :whistle: :eek: :rofl: :lol:
     
  11. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    We should chip in and get him FT.
    Just to help out.........the neighbors. :whistle:
     
  12. NH mountain man

    NH mountain man

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2015
    Messages:
    6,408
    Likes Received:
    37,833
    Location:
    WMNF N.H.
    And yours have to put up with you running around in your thongy thingy!:startled::rofl: :lol:
     
  13. Jack Straw

    Jack Straw

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    8,402
    Likes Received:
    52,443
    Location:
    30 miles west of Albany Ny
    The worst part is they told the cops it was an old lady!:doh:
     
  14. NH mountain man

    NH mountain man

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2015
    Messages:
    6,408
    Likes Received:
    37,833
    Location:
    WMNF N.H.
    Well, he is kind of wrinkely:BrianK: