Pretty cold out there this am. I filled her up the night before with more than my usual amount. Stay warm my friends!!
When we had inside stoves, our basement was half full, and like your stove, the area around it was stacked. Seeing/having wood piles just keeps my blood pressure in check!
I had to head out of town for a night for work. I loaded up next to the stove with enough wood so my wife wouldn't have to go out to the wood bin every reload. So far it's worked. She actually reloaded, and got the stove up to cruising temp. (Shes not well versed in its operation)
The best way to learn is by doing it. Next step will be for her to replenish what she has used from the wood bin.
I've been meaning to get her to start doing it to learn. I do the first load of the day when shes still asleep, and right around the kids bedtime for the second load, so it's not easy for teaching. I typed out instructions so she can follow them though. She struggled with the locust last time, and the stove went cold. So I brought in all ash this time.
Thank you for all the comments, iv done alot of work in that room, nxt is removing that tile behind the stove on the floor also. Most of it is dead standing pine, got my hands on alot of it. Sold a bunch to an owb guy and kept some for myself. Once split and inside it’s at 16 0/0. Wow it burns hot. I like the red pine, i was cutting off all the branch knobs and they are awesome for starting the fire, every one is loaded with pitch.
Dead standing pine with the bark long gone is what it looks like. But surprisingly free of grub holes. Around here between the grubs and the woodpeckers trying to get at them pines don't stand too long. Same with grey birch.
Yup no grubs or worms, red pine is nice wood and looks so clean when split and stacked. I am definitely going to take advantage of all i can get of it. They keep dragging these out to the parking lot and i keep taking them. Already Got 9 truck loads, sold six of them for $40 bucks a load. It takes me an hour to cut rounds and drop them off ( not split ) so $40 an hour isnt bad.
I added bungee cords to the chains on the saw horse instead of carabiners, the bungees get the chains tight.