In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Ugh! Poison Ivy, again

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by TurboDiesel, Jan 28, 2019.

  1. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    The other day I thought, how could i have got a bug bite in January?...:confused:
    Ok...fine...a skeeter came in on the wood...whatever....:rolleyes:
    Now...there's three...all in a cluster...:startled:

    :eek:
    Same spot as usual, left forearm/elbow crease, right where I was carrying an armload of wood the other day.
    :doh:
     
    T.Jeff Veal, mat60, Chaz and 12 others like this.
  2. Horkn

    Horkn

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2014
    Messages:
    29,173
    Likes Received:
    166,453
    Location:
    SE Wisconsin
    Burn it!!!
     
    mat60, Chaz, brenndatomu and 10 others like this.
  3. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    Only you brother, only you :picard:

    :confused:
     
    T.Jeff Veal, mat60, Chaz and 11 others like this.
  4. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    :eek: My arm?!? :confused:

    ;)



    the armload of wood went in the stove last week...thats why it was in my arm.

    :yes:

    :rofl: :lol:
     
    T.Jeff Veal, mat60, Chaz and 8 others like this.
  5. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    I always use welding gloves while im working the stove and usually only pick up 2-3 pieces at a time, but i stacked a bunch of smaller splits up my forearm and one rolled up to my elbow.
     
    T.Jeff Veal, mat60, Chaz and 9 others like this.
  6. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX

    I don't think burning his arm would be a good thing..................................:rofl: :lol:
     
    T.Jeff Veal, mat60, Chaz and 6 others like this.
  7. rottiman

    rottiman

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    14,437
    Likes Received:
    95,936
    Location:
    XXXXXXXXXXX

    Good thing you weren't straddling the wood pile.............................just sayin' !!!!!!!!!
     
    T.Jeff Veal, mat60, Chaz and 9 others like this.
  8. Stinny

    Stinny

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2013
    Messages:
    14,138
    Likes Received:
    60,665
    Location:
    western Maine
    :rofl: :lol:
     
    mat60, Chaz, Chvymn99 and 3 others like this.
  9. yooperdave

    yooperdave

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2014
    Messages:
    35,713
    Likes Received:
    224,343
    Location:
    Michigan's U.P.

    or eating Cheetos!
     
    mat60, Chaz, brenndatomu and 7 others like this.
  10. jrider

    jrider

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2018
    Messages:
    6,088
    Likes Received:
    42,857
    Location:
    NJ
    I got PI in January before...shocked the doctor who had to put me on Prednisone due to my severe reactions...really sucks butt hole!
     
    T.Jeff Veal, mat60, Chaz and 5 others like this.
  11. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    Nasty stuff Tim. Hope it clears up fast; super fast!
     
    T.Jeff Veal, mat60, Chaz and 4 others like this.
  12. JCMC

    JCMC

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2014
    Messages:
    1,601
    Likes Received:
    10,119
    Location:
    Just outside of Shushan, NY
    I got PI in January a couple years back I think its effects are worse in the winter not fun at all. Can't like this post. Oh yea don't scratch it.
     
    Backwoods Savage, mat60, Chaz and 4 others like this.
  13. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    too late...i was scratching it days before i knew what it was...
     
  14. JCMC

    JCMC

    Joined:
    Dec 15, 2014
    Messages:
    1,601
    Likes Received:
    10,119
    Location:
    Just outside of Shushan, NY
    Somehow I already knew that!
     
    Backwoods Savage, mat60, Chaz and 2 others like this.
  15. Chvymn99

    Chvymn99 Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    21,479
    Likes Received:
    113,743
    Location:
    KC Metro
    Sorry to hear that!
     
    Backwoods Savage, mat60 and Chaz like this.
  16. brenndatomu

    brenndatomu

    Joined:
    May 29, 2015
    Messages:
    25,113
    Likes Received:
    163,181
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    A skeeter on your wood is never a good thing...poison ivy isn't either. :eek: :startled: :whistle: ;) :rofl: :lol:
    Hope it doesn't linger Tim...maybe go work outside tomorrow night...it'll freeze off! ;) :jaw:
     
  17. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,979
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    You bust up a mirror lately Tim?

    Seems Jan 2019 not a great month so far with the slip/fall and PI to boot.
    :hair::doh:
     
  18. TurboDiesel

    TurboDiesel

    Joined:
    Nov 22, 2013
    Messages:
    16,238
    Likes Received:
    97,546
    Location:
    Hollidaysburg Pa
    You'd think. lol
    oh no! this run of luck started on nov 8th. with heart burn at 4am
     
  19. Locust Post

    Locust Post

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    8,950
    Likes Received:
    52,503
    Location:
    N. E. OH
    Some will tell you it's not a good idea but if I catch it when there is just a couple small spots I rub it with bleach a few times a day and rinse with cool water.
     
  20. Chaz

    Chaz

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2018
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    61,979
    Location:
    Southwestern NY
    True enough, not a "wake up" call that anyone wants.

    I'm surprised I haven't heard that "call" yet.
    I'm sure it will come.
    o_O