In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

One of those days...

Discussion in 'Everything Else (off topic)' started by Casper, Jan 26, 2019.

  1. Casper

    Casper

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2017
    Messages:
    1,710
    Likes Received:
    9,667
    Location:
    Ohio
    We have a dinner at our place tonight but I figured we would have time to cut a quick load. We were headed down to grab some beech at my dad's place. Saw a truck stopped in the road. Turned out to be a friend. After trying every trick we could to get a fuel pump going, I towed him to another friends place around the corner.
    20190126_143017.jpg

    That put us behind about an hour. Still, why not head out and at least try to get some productivity? Decided to cut til 4 got a small load. On the way out we broke through the ice we crossed on the way in. Here I sit waiting for my son to bring my cousins 'bota back and give me a tug. Screenshot_20190126-161428_Gallery.jpg

    I'll up date in a bit
     
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  2. Eric VW

    Eric VW Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2015
    Messages:
    24,547
    Likes Received:
    141,560
    Location:
    US
    o_O

    :picard:

    :hair:

    :whistle:

    Hope get back to the house.... in one piece!:salute:
     
  3. Casper

    Casper

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2017
    Messages:
    1,710
    Likes Received:
    9,667
    Location:
    Ohio
    All is good 20190126_163947.jpg
     
  4. stuckinthemuck

    stuckinthemuck

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    3,247
    Likes Received:
    15,345
    Location:
    Wandering around in the NH woods.
    You only had to wait 14 minutes to get towed out? I’d call that a win!! Time for a few Saturday afternoon cold brews. :cheers:
     
    leoht, Backwoods Savage, Loon and 7 others like this.
  5. Casper

    Casper

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2017
    Messages:
    1,710
    Likes Received:
    9,667
    Location:
    Ohio

    More like an hour. I didn't think to post til I heard the tractor coming back through the field. The hay forks were loud clanging over the ruts.

    20190126_163044.jpg 20190126_163044.jpg
     
  6. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,562
    Location:
    SE Mass
    It could be worse.
    You could be in a Jeep being towed out by a Toyota.
     
  7. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I love happy endings.
    Wait....how was dinner?
     
  8. Casper

    Casper

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2017
    Messages:
    1,710
    Likes Received:
    9,667
    Location:
    Ohio
    It was a dinner with a 4-H shooting sports planning meeting. Just finished, great food.
     
  9. Casper

    Casper

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2017
    Messages:
    1,710
    Likes Received:
    9,667
    Location:
    Ohio
    Did I miss something?
     
  10. billb3

    billb3

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2013
    Messages:
    10,513
    Likes Received:
    54,562
    Location:
    SE Mass
    Maybe a 4x4 rally or two ?
     
  11. Casper

    Casper

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2017
    Messages:
    1,710
    Likes Received:
    9,667
    Location:
    Ohio
    I thought someone else had a fun day. Today, we are going to give it another whirl. This time, I'll get my cousin's tractor with forks at the start and bring logs out to soild ground before cutting. Probably 5 good loads left.

    The problem was the thaw we had Wednesday. I got stuck in a swale in a tiled field. With the ground frozen prior to rain, it ran on the surface. Relatively warm water thawed the low spots. Then it started snowing and apparently it drifted over, not letting it refreeze.
     
  12. Backwoods Savage

    Backwoods Savage Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    48,979
    Likes Received:
    312,156
    Location:
    Central MI
    Fear not, we've probably all had days like that!
     
    leoht and Midwinter like this.