In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Cookies on the fire?

Discussion in 'The Smokehouse' started by swags, Apr 27, 2014.

  1. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    I think so.....
    Made steaks and corn on the fire for the main course then my wife made some chocalote chip cookie dough and threw them on the fire! Really good!
    Cookies were crispy on the outside with a hint of smoke. Perfect
     

    Attached Files:

  2. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    First time for me seeing that, cookies on the fire. Nice idea, I'm sure they turned out good. Looks like you and your family really enjoyed dinner at the firepit tonight, good for you!
     
    Woodwidow likes this.
  3. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Yeah she made the cookies like pancakes, flipped and cooked on both sides. Excellent
     
  4. fishingpol

    fishingpol

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    6,502
    Likes Received:
    39,646
    Location:
    Merrimack Valley, Ma.
    That looks like a great idea. I would toss those hot cookies into a bowl of ice cream with choclate syrup on top.
     
  5. swags

    swags Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,455
    Likes Received:
    13,240
    Location:
    NE Ohio
    Really made me want to build a brick oven! I got a big pile of bricks that I think I can turn into the oven.
     
  6. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    I've seen cakes made over a fire by putting a square baking pan into a properly sized metal pail so that the pan is suspended in the pail. Cover the pail with foil and put it over the fire and it becomes an oven. Worked for a cake but it would probably be a bit tedious doing cookies that way.
     
    swags likes this.
  7. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    Nice Swags... I already "Liked" it on FB. :)

    Looks like a great meal. We had some Ribeyes today as well. But, I was lazy and made them on the grill.
     
    Scotty Overkill likes this.
  8. RockyMtnHigh

    RockyMtnHigh

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2014
    Messages:
    641
    Likes Received:
    1,130
    Location:
    Bailey, Colorado
    Awesome, purely awesome. Happy family you have there Swags, lovin it
     
    swags likes this.