In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Hay, Jon1270, did some cuttin with 55

Discussion in 'Chainsaws and Power Equipment' started by HDRock, Apr 24, 2014.

  1. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Did some cuttin , and noodling with the Husqy 55 I recently bought from Jon1270, and the bar, I bought from Cabine
    It all came together and It's cutting good
    These guys hooked me up :saw: :saw: :thumbs: :yes: :drunk::cool:

    20140424_185553.jpg
     
    Carbine, DexterDay, HoneyFuzz and 5 others like this.
  2. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Nice size noodles.
    What chain type & size (.325/3/8) you running & how does it throw the 20" ?
    How's it compare the the old 61?

    You have quit the collection of saws :) :)
     
    DexterDay, HoneyFuzz and Stinny like this.
  3. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Was noodling Red Oak 3/8 round grind chisel chain, I cut off a cookie and buried the nose , and it slowed down, nose out of the wood it pulls good.
    Doesn't have the awesome torque the old 61 does.
    Yeah ,I think I got enough saws , for now, no really :D
     
    Boog, DexterDay, HoneyFuzz and 2 others like this.
  4. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Me too
    But
    a Husqy 555 or a 562xp
    Or maybe a MS 362 gotta be a saw that on any woodcutters dream list :)
    Unless you have one of them already :p :)
     
  5. HoneyFuzz

    HoneyFuzz

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2014
    Messages:
    4,490
    Likes Received:
    14,862
    Location:
    Northeast , Ohio
    Great pic..great saw !!!
     
  6. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    The 55 is a little beast in my book. With a sharp chain, it makes short work of firewood :)

    Congrats on the saw!! That's a nice one!
     
    HDRock likes this.
  7. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    The 20 inch bar works good for noodling, cut I cut to 17"
     
  8. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    It is a little beast, just not quit the tourq of the 61.
    I won't start a new saw without a sharp chain.
    Cut through the Walnut and box elder rounds like it was bologna or something :) :saw:
     
    DexterDay and Jon1270 like this.
  9. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Did some more cutting with it today, I think this is going to be a really great go to saw.
    The weight is great, don't know if I will use the 445 much now
     
    concretegrazer and MasterMech like this.
  10. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    Yeah but isn't 55cc a little big for you Fuzz? :p
     
    HDRock and DexterDay like this.
  11. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    What you been Smokin? You seem to be a little confused on the name :)
     
    MasterMech, Chvymn99 and DexterDay like this.
  12. DexterDay

    DexterDay Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    12,411
    Likes Received:
    31,637
    Location:
    Northeast Oh
    The Avatar did look similar to an old one of Honeyfuzz :)
     
  13. HDRock

    HDRock

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2013
    Messages:
    17,262
    Likes Received:
    60,487
    Location:
    Grand Blanc, MI,
    Okay, :)I just changed mine, I like that little echo
     
    Chvymn99 and DexterDay like this.
  14. MasterMech

    MasterMech The Mechanical Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2013
    Messages:
    9,648
    Likes Received:
    26,044
    Location:
    Greenville County SC
    o_O:emb::loco: :crazy:
     
    DexterDay and HDRock like this.
  15. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Or the 61.
    Means you just have several "back up saws" :)