In loving memory of Kenis D. Keathley 6/4/81 - 3/27/22 Loving father, husband, brother, friend and firewood hoarder Rest in peace, Dexterday

Courtesy of the town highway dept.

Discussion in 'The Wood Pile' started by NortheastAl, Apr 24, 2014.

  1. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    image.jpg They called this morning and dropped off a dump truck load just now. Gotta love 'em.
     
  2. basod

    basod

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2013
    Messages:
    5,048
    Likes Received:
    20,841
    Location:
    Mount Cheaha AL
    Sounds like you have a good connection:thumbs:
     
    Gark and NortheastAl like this.
  3. bogydave

    bogydave

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2013
    Messages:
    10,313
    Likes Received:
    37,218
    Location:
    Alaska, North of Anchorage & South of Fairbanks
    Sweet.
    Lots of dead stuff,
    Looks like lots of fun

    Your tax dollars at work
     
    NortheastAl likes this.
  4. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    They started doing this a few years back. It is cheaper than paying for disposal, and the residents get free wood. Saves the taxpayer and the wood burner some cash.
     
    basod and papadave like this.
  5. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Oh no they did-ent.
    Nice, and obviously, they did.
     
    NortheastAl likes this.
  6. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    Yeah, they told me that was wood from storm damage. Lots of it was already dead. My son is bucking it up right now.
     
  7. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    What's nice is that it'll be ready for this upcoming winter. Told me to call back if I want more, too!
     
    papadave likes this.
  8. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I'd be on the phone right now. :yes::thumbs:
    They could just keep it coming to my place......plenty of room in the field and elsewhere.
     
    NortheastAl likes this.
  9. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    So far this spring I scrounged and got delivered over three cord free. All of it was bucked except for this load.
     
    papadave likes this.
  10. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    I hope the phone is in your hand while you're typing.:axe:
     
    NortheastAl likes this.
  11. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    Tell you the truth, I'm down for the count today with some kind of stomach bug. Been in bed most of the day. Probably call in a day or so.
     
  12. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    Oh crap,...feel better.
    Went through that from the 12th through the next 5-6 days. Not fun.
     
    NortheastAl likes this.
  13. NortheastAl

    NortheastAl

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    4,887
    Likes Received:
    28,161
    Location:
    Putnam County NY
    Thanks, Dave. I had heard there is a nasty bug going around where we are. I feel slightly better. Hope it ain't gonna hang around 5 or 6 days.
     
  14. papadave

    papadave

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,181
    Likes Received:
    82,470
    Location:
    Right where I want to be.
    After the 1st day or 2, it was more an annoyance than anything, but I still wasn't up for much activity.
     
    NortheastAl likes this.
  15. My IS heats my home

    My IS heats my home

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2013
    Messages:
    7,394
    Likes Received:
    17,655
    Location:
    Albany, NH
    Our highway dept brings collected (unwanted) logs and rounds to the recycle center, where they are stockpiled with brush. The town workers, who are also woodburners, get first dibs on what they cut or collect in the days work.
     
    NortheastAl likes this.
  16. Paul bunion

    Paul bunion

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    3,396
    Likes Received:
    13,524
    Location:
    NJ
    The telephone scrounge is the only way to do it.
     
    NortheastAl likes this.
  17. Well Seasoned

    Well Seasoned Administrator

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2013
    Messages:
    18,038
    Likes Received:
    83,789
    Location:
    N.H. WMNF
    Sweet score!
     
    NortheastAl likes this.