I used to have a stand alone GPS in my service van. I hated having it in line of sight above the dash or on the windshield. I took the plastic mount that they use for the dash so you can suction cup to it, and replaced the cheap adhesive with industrial strength double sided tape. Stuck it on a vertical surface right where I wanted it.
Post an update on how you like it please. I'll be in the market for one in the near future. I have a smart phone, but prefer the bigger screen of a stand alone so I can actually see what it is trying to show me.
Oh boy, Dennis, that model has all the horns and whistles. I hope you have better luck with the voice control than I had. If you pre load your trip with any diversions, you should be set to go. Looks like it will be easy to grab and toss under something. Lest tempting for thieves that way. Grab and go is too tempting, even when the doors are locked. You sure are on the road a lot. I get too nervous on some roads. I used to drive in Los Angeles. I haven't driven in Boston for years. Good adventures with your trip
Will do. Just received notice it should be here Monday. Have a trip planned soon too. I really wanted a 7" screen but did not like the reviews I saw on them so just went with the regular size. It's not bad in our small car and it got me to Brian's okay even if frustrating at times. Hope the new one is good.
Larry we have one like that except it has the hook on it like the one that goes to the windshield. I like it.
I've seen some that are really large, but don't know if they are distracting. Most often, Cindy drives so I monitor the GPS.
Can't be any more distracting than the huge screen the Explorer has, but then again, the truck has a much larger windshield than my Focus.